Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Updating from 6.1.4 to 7.0.6? Or jailbreak help.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone jackbauerctu's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Updating from 6.1.4 to 7.0.6? Or jailbreak help.....
    OK, so if there is already a post about this I'm sorry....

I was jailbroken on an iphone 5 CDMA (Verizon) on 7.0.6. My battery failed. Luckily I was able to restore it to its original unjailbroken state and took it in to Apple for applecare. They replaced my phone entirely with an iphone 5 running 6.1.4. I'm having a REALLY hard time jailbreaking with p0sixspwn because of itunes 11 (I tried downgrading itunes and that didn't work either).

Anyway Can someone either A) help me jailbreak this or B) is there a way to update from 6.1.4 to 7.0.6? I don't want to update to 7.1.....I want to keep my device jailbreakable! HELP PLEASE....thank you!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jackbauerctu View Post
    OK, so if there is already a post about this I'm sorry....

I was jailbroken on an iphone 5 CDMA (Verizon) on 7.0.6. My battery failed. Luckily I was able to restore it to its original unjailbroken state and took it in to Apple for applecare. They replaced my phone entirely with an iphone 5 running 6.1.4. I'm having a REALLY hard time jailbreaking with p0sixspwn because of itunes 11 (I tried downgrading itunes and that didn't work either).

Anyway Can someone either A) help me jailbreak this or B) is there a way to update from 6.1.4 to 7.0.6? I don't want to update to 7.1.....I want to keep my device jailbreakable! HELP PLEASE....thank you!
    How on earth did you get an i5 still running 6.1.4? That thing's gotta be at least six months old... anyway.

Would you please elaborate on what's going on when you try and jailbreak with p0sixspwn? What error messages are you seeing and what kind of computer/OS are you using?

Thanks

p0sixspwn just crashes. I plug in my iphone, p0sixspwn, detects it, I click on "jailbreak" and it will start downloading necessary files from apple, then it tries to reboot my phone and then it crashes. I researched this on google and I found in other forums that iTunes 11 is the culprit and that you need itunes 10, so I uninstalled itunes, reinstalled an older version, and then tried again. Same problem.....

**edit** my apologies I forgot to mention, windows 8 64bit. Dell Inspiron 15R

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Wrong procedure, I would say....

Try this:
    Jailbreak iOS 6.1.6 Using Redsn0w and P0sixspwn
    Just tried it.....redsn0w did not let me jailbreak my i5. Apparently it's only for 3GS and ipod 4th Gen running 6.1.6. The "jailbreak" button is greyed out entirely.....

Are you running it as administrator?

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0