Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: any help, Iphone 5S jailbroken

Default any help, Iphone 5S jailbroken
    hi, i have an iphone 5S with 7.0.6 and its jailbroken.
    i want to restore the phone but not update to the new 7.1 firmware because i need to take it to apple but in case they dont exchange it i still wanna be able to jailbreak it again.

can anyone help?
    ive tried a few things..

dfu or recovery mode and itunes, also tried with holding shift and choosing the firmware, i get an error code "3194" i think it is and also tried editing some "hosts" file.

i tried ifaith but device wasnt recognised.

should i just do the restore from the phone settings menu?

thanks
    frank

iPhone? More like MyPhone envious86's Avatar
    Thanks

Because apple released 7.1 yesterday they stopped signing 7.0.6 so that means you can't restore to 7.0.6. You will have to update once you restore.dint us settings to restore your phone, you'll run into a whole world of problems.

so i pretty much have to do a restore + update it 7.1 then? Lose jailbreak/forget about jailbreaking?

i read somewhere there won't be a release to jailbreak 7.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone envious86's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah of you update to 7.1 then you will lose your jailbreak and who knows whether 7.1 will be jailbreakable soon or even at all. We will have to wait and see.

So make sure that Apple gives you a new phone. Since 7.1 came just yesterday, it is almost certain, it won't have 7.1 on it. SO, new phone and jailbreakable, nice thought, isn't it?