Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Running 7.04 right now JB with Evasi0n.. Should I upgrade?

Default Running 7.04 right now JB with Evasi0n.. Should I upgrade?
    Should I upgrade to
    7.06 and re-jailbreak using Evasi0n if I am running 7.0.4 now?

Yes you should, better to be on the latest jailbreakable IOS, since after IOS 7.1 is out, it's going to be a looooooooooongggg wait again

Thanks

Yeah I would...SSL fix u should have , plus it's still jailbreakable...u have to do full restore thought...do not update OTA, or update in iTunes...make sure to do backup somehow, and I would do DFU restore...

How do I do an update and NOT use iTunes?

Thanks

No...you have to to a restore with iTunes. There is a difference between restore and update...just do a backup either with icloud or iTunes then do a DFU restore, then restore from the backup..

So... I should NOT - Back-up with iTunes, Allow iTunes to install 7.0.6, restore from the Back-up and then go Evasi0n to Re-Jailbreak?

Thanks

No, you can backup with iTunes, or icloud. Then do a DFU restore to 7.0.6 then re-JB..

Alrighty... When I download (but not install) the 7.0.6 IPSW from Apple.. Where does it get saved?

Thanks

Sorry..had a funeral...not sure why u would need to know, but in windows it's under c-users-"userid"-appdata-roaming-apple computer-iTunes-iPhone software updates

Well.. If I am to put the phone into DFU and restore from the Apple 7.0.6 IPSW, I would nee to know where it is... wouldn't I? You said to NOT let iTunes do the upgrade... Am I missing something?

Thanks

No u have to use iTunes...if u just plug phone into PC iTunes will see it and will ask to UPDATE it. Do not do UPDATE. Either do a Restore, or what I like to do is a DFU mode restore.. If u r jailbroken and do an UPDATE, u will crash the phone or it will just fail n u end up doing a DFU restore anyway... Just make sure u do a backup in iTunes or icloud before u start. Then when restore is done, restore from the backup. Then JB with latest evasi0n

Thanks

Latest evasi0n being 1.0.7 now..just came out a few hrs ago

Quote Originally Posted by salmanilla View Post
    Alrighty... When I download (but not install) the 7.0.6 IPSW from Apple.. Where does it get saved?
    This is unreal

How and where do you usually download and save any files on your PC????
    Find IPSW 7.0.6 on the net, download it on your desktop. Put your phone into DFU mode, connect it to iTunes.....iTunes will recognize it in recovery mode and it will ask to restore......press SHIFT (Windows) or Option (MAC) and RESTORE in iTunes, together. Window will popup asking to point it to the IPSW, you have just downloaded (remember, it's on your DESKTOP), press open and restore will start