Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iP4, 5.1.1 to 6.x or 7.x

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iP4, 5.1.1 to 6.x or 7.x
    I have heard/read that the new iOS versions really slow down the performance on an ip4. Is this true? My iP4
    is jailbroken with redsnow v0.9.14b2 and I was thinking of just putting a new iOS on it with no jailbreak. Can I
    do this? The last time I was in a bind, Simon helped me with an upgrade and jailbreak. I can't thank him enough
    for the help!! If I remember right, he said he could help me with this. Simon, you still there?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

I'm sure it will be a bit laggy if you go to ios7.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply 2k1. If not ios7, what ios would be recomended with no jailbreak and what do I have to do to make that happen? My problem is I have 5.1.1. Over the last little while, many app's I try to download/install say I need at least ios 6.x!!
    Frustrating as hell!!

You can't upgrade to IOS 6.x. Just not possible.
    Only option for you is 7.0.4

it sucks! ive had almost every device jailbroken. 5 & 6 rolled. 7 is horrible! 7 lags WITHOUT jailbreak! WITH jailbreak it is horribly slow. i have a 4s. im currently researching how to downgrade to 6 again. my ipod is jailbroke with 6 and i used it the other day and forgot how smooth it truly ran...it's like gettin married man, DONT DO IT!!

I am also stuck in same situation. I have iphone 4s on IOS 5.1.1(Jailbreak).
    Please also let me know if you find steps to upgrade to IOS 6 somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by blugrassboy View Post
    it sucks! ive had almost every device jailbroken. 5 & 6 rolled. 7 is horrible! 7 lags WITHOUT jailbreak! WITH jailbreak it is horribly slow. i have a 4s. im currently researching how to downgrade to 6 again. my ipod is jailbroke with 6 and i used it the other day and forgot how smooth it truly ran...it's like gettin married man, DONT DO IT!!

If you have an iPhone 4s, your only upgrade option is to go to the latest version of iOS. If you are on iOS 7, downgrade is not possible. If you are on iOS 5 and jailbroken, you should be able to re-restore to the same firmware using redsnow.

Your options are about the same for iPhone 4 except because of the bootrom exploit, you can always go back to iOS 5 if you have the blobs.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 2014-02-20 at 07:54 AM.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0