Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 downgrade from 7.0.4 to 6.1.2 doesn't work (got the SHSH)

Default iPhone 4 downgrade from 7.0.4 to 6.1.2 doesn't work (got the SHSH)
    Hi,

I've got an iPhone 4 which I updated to 7.0.4. Since it's hardly unusable now (tremendously slow) I'd like to downgrade to 6.1.2. I saved the SHSH with Tiny Umbrella on my computer, but when I try to restore (Tiny Umbrella TSS running) I always get a 30** error.
    Anyone who could help me?

Bye!

You have to use older version of iTunes. The latest that will do the job is 11.0.5. That is of course, if the blobs for 6.1.2 you saved, are OK.

thanks a lot I'm going to try it out. I've tested them with redsnow, should be ok.

You should test them with iFaith, That's the only reliable toll for checking.

ok. and all the rest as always?
    iPhone into dfu, tss running, select firmware and I'm done?
    do I have to modify the hosts?

only if you get into the trouble

ok, having a problem now..
    I've got the SHSH saved by redsn0w (AppData/Roaming/Redsnow/SHSH) and by tiny umbrella (User/.shsh).
    Now I tried to upload them to cydia and it said that they where rejected for one damaged blob or something like that.
    I've got the shsh (twice, once by redsn0w, once by tiny umbrella) and I've got a "1299464140109_iPhone3,1_6.1.2_10B146_partial.plis t".
    Any idea what I could do now?

Well that's it, you can't go back anymore. Only maybe to 5.1.1, those should be good, provided you have them saved.

well, **** happens... thank's a lot for your very fast help!
    last question: any Ideas how I could get my phone to work faster with ios 7? any cydia apps or tricks around? (apart form those in the iphone settings)

I have i4 also, it's on 7.0.4 with JB and I don't find it slow at all.
    You can try to turn on reduce motion, that's in settings/general/accessibility.