Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tried to see if Infinidock would work on iOS 7, now an entire folder is gone

Default Tried to see if Infinidock would work on iOS 7, now an entire folder is gone
    Hey guys, I am in kind of a bind here.

I recently upgraded from jailbroken iOS 6 to iOS 7 since the jailbreak had been released. I knew that many things didn't work, but was prepared to tinker and see what it could do.

I promptly went to the old standbys, Activator, SBSettings, GridLock, etc. All those worked fine. Then I started trying new things, adding them one at a time before each respring to make sure I wasn't going to **** up my phone. When I got to Infinidock, it seemed to work at first (the dock would scroll, although I hadn't added anything to it yet).

I realize I should've tested with an app I don't care about, but in my haste I dropped a folder on the dock, only for the dock to disappear. I got THAT folder back, when I restarted the phone, but it caused another folder to get bumped off my dock and into the abyss. Unfortunately, that was the folder that housed all my jailbreak utilities.

I can still see the folder if I am in Safe Mode, but of course no jailbreak tweaks work in safe mode. As soon as I respring, the folder is gone again and nowhere to be found. I would really like to avoid restoring if possible, but at this point I wonder if it can be avoided. I guess the other option is to wait for an iOS 7 compatible update to Infinidock and see if it can pull my lost folder out of the depths of my iPhone lol.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them. I have tried everything I can think of at this point aside from a restore.

iPhone? More like MyPhone alex-xx's Avatar
    Thanks

When you in the save mode, just go to Cydia and uninstall infinite d... then respring your phone.

Tried that already. Infinidock is uninstalled.

But because a folder was left on the dock (I couldn't pull it off since my dock disappeared entirely when it happened), my phone still "think" a folder is there so I can't access it.

Thanks

I don't know my friend??
    Try to install it again back on, and then
    reinstall mobile substrate.
    it might works for a while, you might have little time to fix it??

No, Infinidock doesn't work properly at the moment. It's not a "little time" issue, it's simply not there.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be really appreciative. I tried doing a restore and was encountering errors (3194 and 3004) haven't been able to resolve them so I'm still looking for another fix aside from a restore at the moment.

Thanks

if you Put your phone in DFU mode,(not recovery mode)! itunes will restore your phone without Eror!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Restore is your only choice in this unstable a state. Wish I had better news.

If I understand your problem correctly, the folder in which you had all your JB apps was moved to the dock and can no longer be accessed, since it is neither available on the springboard or the dock, correct?

There are a bunch of updates to mobile substrate and other related tools today, you should get the updates and see if InfiniDock starts working again.

If the updates in Cydia doesn't fix the issue, the one temporary workaround you can use is to start an app by its bundle id using the command-line. If you can't access the mobile terminal (again because you can't access the JB apps), then you can still do it via ssh (install openssh if you haven't already). For me, I tested that I can start mobile terminal itself via ssh by running open com.googlecode.mobileterminal.Terminal command.

BTW, to figure out the bundle for mobile terminal, this is what I had to do (perhaps there is a simpler way, but I couldn't find anything with a quick google search).
    - I copied the the /Applications/Terminal.app/Info.plist from iOS to mac, say as /tmp/Info.plist
    - Ran this command:
    Code:
    $ defaults read /tmp/Info | grep CFBundleIdentifier
        CFBundleIdentifier = "com.googlecode.mobileterminal.Terminal";
    Once you open the app, you should be able to find it in the recent apps list, so it should get easier in the future.

I don't however know of a fix for this. Perhaps if you ask the author on twitter he can tell you?

Go to /var/mobile/Libary/SpringBoard
    rename IconSupportState-____.plist

This will reset your icon layout, but at least you'll have them all back..
    No Sig Spam