Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck on iTunes USB logo after failed to update iOS to version 6.1.3 instead of 7.0.4

Default Stuck on iTunes USB logo after failed to update iOS to version 6.1.3 instead of 7.0.4
    Hi.

I have iPhone 4S with 6.0.1 installed on it.
    i wanted to update it to 6.1.3 and not 7.x as iTunes suggests.

I downloaded 6.1.3 IPSW file for 4S from apple.com, shiftclicked update/restore in iTunes but I got infamous 3194 message. Same happened with 6.1.0
    Tried to find some solution on the internet but of course 99.99999% websites were rambling same crap about cydia host entries or whatever which, of course, I didn't have.

So I ran tcpdump to find out what iTunes is asking apple for and apparently some webserver (TSS is it called?) returns status=94 - not eligible.
    Before I downloaded TinyUmbrella which apparently had this TSS server inbuilt.
    I realized that if I run any post query in localhost/tss/ i'll get status=0 (success).
    So, I set gs.apple and gs-ns.apple entries to 127.0.0.1 and ran update, it finished faster than it started with error 11. Now iPhone shows iTunes logo and USB cable.
    I don't want to use "brand" iTunes restore beacuse it'll "grant me" with ios 7 which I don't want

Any help on that?
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Apple stops signing 6.1.3 long time ago, your restore is going to be 7.0.4