Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 stuck at the Apple Logo : afc2add still works...

Default iPhone 5 stuck at the Apple Logo : afc2add still works...
    hi there,

To barge right in : I had a sluggish performance on my iPhone (after each day - needing to soft reboot) so I uninstalled about 20 Cydia apps 2 days ago. This morning I reinstalled about 8 of them (same versions, same repositories as before) and during lunch, I disabled the "Liveclock Dark" theme while waiting for my dish to appear. My iPhone rebooted suddenly (running on iOS 6.1.2 if I'm not mistaken) and got stuck. Not even a hard reboot worked and booting into safe mode (using the volume up button) wouldn't start my phone. So I was struck by sheer panic, as I had only my iCloud backup and no "full" backup.

Rushed off to home sweet home, hooked up my iPhone to my PC, started iFunbox (disabled the symlink option) and the panic disappeared a bit > I was able to access the file system and I am currently taking a "full" backup of the filesystem.

But... Is there a way to fix this somehow? Instead of restoring my phone and restoring everything from iCloud and reinstalling everything? I read somewhere about the com.apple.SpringBoard.plist? Under System\Library\LaunchDaemons?

A quick description what it does : the Apple logo comes up, it becomes "brighter" for about 2 seconds and they it gets even "darker" than in the beginning and this is the "stuck screen"...

thanks for any and all help or pointers,
    /dimi

Thanks so much with this fantastic new web site. I'm very fired up to show it to anyone. It makes me so satisfied your vast understanding and wisdom have a new channel on the world.