Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't load iphone, Can't install or update any ios.......PLEASE HELP

Red face Can't load iphone, Can't install or update any ios.......PLEASE HELP
    Hello guys got a bit of a problem and have no clue what solutions to try now i have been looking on various websites using various methods and so far no look,

3gs
    Was using running 6.15.00 firmware
    with a new boot 5.1.1
    using ultrasnow tethered

But now i cannot even load the iPhone up, The apple sign shows, then the iTunes shows with the usb.
    I have tried using iTunes and just updating and installing updates from the legit program and it gets to the end of the restore and comes up with error -1 an error i have never came across...... http://dailyiphoneblog.com/2011/02/0...fix-the-error/ This website shows most of the errors there is out there which i have looked at doesn't show this error. If anyone could help me it would be great.
    I have tried restoring through redsn0w and booting it, also recovery fix... doesn't work...

Now i am at a point where i can't even do any ios at all so what do you think ????
    Any solutions or help to this matter would be much appreciative !!!!

Thanks

DAN

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Here's what I found on Error 1

You are attempting to downgrade an iPhone from iOS 5 to iOS 4.x. To resolve, use either custom firmware created by PwnageTool/sn0wbreeze or use notcom's FixRecovery utility available on his site.
    On an iPhone 4 downgrading from iOS 5, use the option in TinyUmbrella to allow a baseband "upgrade" to bypass the error and go back to basband 4.10.1.
    Unable to downgrade.

Try changing the USB port (the back one of chassis is better) and restart computer.
    The installed version of iTunes may also be too old. Update iTunes.
    You are trying to downgrade an iPhone 4 to an earlier version of iOS 5, using redsn0w. To resolve, stitch your blobs to a "No_BB" ipsw of the firmware you are trying to downgrade to.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Here's what I found on Error 1

You are attempting to downgrade an iPhone from iOS 5 to iOS 4.x. To resolve, use either custom firmware created by PwnageTool/sn0wbreeze or use notcom's FixRecovery utility available on his site.
    On an iPhone 4 downgrading from iOS 5, use the option in TinyUmbrella to allow a baseband "upgrade" to bypass the error and go back to basband 4.10.1.
    Unable to downgrade.

Try changing the USB port (the back one of chassis is better) and restart computer.
    The installed version of iTunes may also be too old. Update iTunes.
    You are trying to downgrade an iPhone 4 to an earlier version of iOS 5, using redsn0w. To resolve, stitch your blobs to a "No_BB" ipsw of the firmware you are trying to downgrade to.
    Hello there and thank you for your reply,
    i will download the programs you reccomended and try your solutions but i think you slightly miss read its -1 not 1 i don't know if this means anything or i am just being a noob.

Error -1 is usually connected with same hardware issue..... try changing USB Port, cable, even computer......if -1 appears all the time, than I am afraid, it's time to visit nearest service.