Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem Mounting Internal Storage

Default Problem Mounting Internal Storage
    I have a iPhone 4 running 6.1.3 and I do not believe it has ever been jailbroke. It is disabled due to someone trying the password too many times and I do not have the passcode either and no way to get it. I also do not have access to a computer it was paired with and it has data on it I want to save so hooking it to itunes and wiping it isnt my first choice. I have tried many procedures to get into this phone and I cannot access my phones internal memory. It will not mount. I have tried with putty, using wondershare, and pretty much anything else. I can SSH into it, the phone goes into DFU mode fine but I cannot mount mnt1 or mnt2. I have run across two phones now with this same problem both are iPhone 4's. The first one was running IOS7 and I assumed it was just something new but the one now is a 4 with 6.1.3 and it has never been anything newer. The only thing they both have in common is that the first one had the password tried too many times and was disabled but I got the correct password and entered it and cleared that up. Then the one now is disabled and I am not sure I can ever open it up. I cannot crack the password because the drives wont mount, I also cannot jailbreak for the same reason, and obviously trying to ssh into it to crack it or just to save the data is impossible. Is there any way around this problem?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brentw View Post
    I have a iPhone 4 running 6.1.3 and I do not believe it has ever been jailbroke. It is disabled due to someone trying the password too many times and I do not have the passcode either and no way to get it. I also do not have access to a computer it was paired with and it has data on it I want to save so hooking it to itunes and wiping it isnt my first choice. I have tried many procedures to get into this phone and I cannot access my phones internal memory. It will not mount. I have tried with putty, using wondershare, and pretty much anything else. I can SSH into it, the phone goes into DFU mode fine but I cannot mount mnt1 or mnt2. I have run across two phones now with this same problem both are iPhone 4's. The first one was running IOS7 and I assumed it was just something new but the one now is a 4 with 6.1.3 and it has never been anything newer. The only thing they both have in common is that the first one had the password tried too many times and was disabled but I got the correct password and entered it and cleared that up. Then the one now is disabled and I am not sure I can ever open it up. I cannot crack the password because the drives wont mount, I also cannot jailbreak for the same reason, and obviously trying to ssh into it to crack it or just to save the data is impossible. Is there any way around this problem?
    Well if iCloud backups aren't available (because you don't know that password either), it's not looking good for recovering any information without some serious forensic tools that aren't freely available.