Results 1 to 8 of 8

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: upgrade from iOS 6 to iOS 7 before jailbreak.....

  1. #1
    Default upgrade from iOS 6 to iOS 7 before jailbreak.....
    I have a brand new, UN-jailbroken ipad-mini that came factory installed with the latest version (of iOS 6). I DEF want to jailbreak, but I'd also like to have iOS 7 as well. BEFORE I JAILBREAK....If I go ahead and upgrade to the latest iOS 7, will I still be able to, successfully jailbreak my mini? Or will the jailbreak ONLY work on it's current iOS 6. I'm getting so much conflicting info. Thanks for any advice you may have.

  2. #2
    Retired Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,023
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    There hasn't been a release for iOS 7 yet. I would say I'm 99.9% there will be I'm on latest for iOS 7 so I would say go ahead update and hang tight like we all are. Hope this helps

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    There hasn't been a release for iOS 7 yet. I would say I'm 99.9% there will be I'm on latest for iOS 7 so I would say go ahead update and hang tight like we all are. Hope this helps
    Thanks for the quick reply. D'you mean ANY iOS 7? Because...There's stuff all over the web that show step by step instructions on how to jailbreak ios 7.0.2 and 7.0.3, and even many articles advising that it is now safe to jailbreak the (just released) 7.0.4.

    Does that apply ONLY to people who ALREADY have existing iOS 7, then? Do folks like me who only have existing iOS 6 still need to wait? (Just trying to get it all straight) Thanks!

  4. #4
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,875
    Thanks
    8,108
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

    A jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3-6.1.5 will come out before a iOS 7 jailbreak (most likely anyway). So if you want to jailbreak sooner stay on iOS 6. Any guides you see now about jailbreaking iOS 7 are either fake or just for iPhone 4.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    A jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3-6.1.5 will come out before a iOS 7 jailbreak (most likely anyway). So if you want to jailbreak sooner stay on iOS 6. Any guides you see now about jailbreaking iOS 7 are either fake or just for iPhone 4.
    Got it. Thanks, man.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    A jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3-6.1.5 will come out before a iOS 7 jailbreak (most likely anyway). So if you want to jailbreak sooner stay on iOS 6. Any guides you see now about jailbreaking iOS 7 are either fake or just for iPhone 4.

    Yeah yer advice was good. I'm DEF not gonna jailbreak at all until I know a true JB for iOS 7 comes out. BTW: Could you send the link of a TRUSTED site for getting jailbreak news/updates? Much appreciated.

  7. #7
    Retired Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,851
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 699 Times in 594 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by deejaywestbrook View Post
    BTW: Could you send the link of a TRUSTED site for getting jailbreak news/updates? Much appreciated.
    You're already here.

    Other solid choices: The Verge, Engadget, TechCrunch, TheBigBoss, 9to5Mac, The Unofficial Apple Weblog, iClarified, the iPhone Dev-Team Blog.

  8. #8

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •