Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEWB Needs Help!! Son's Birthday Gift

Default NEWB Needs Help!! Son's Birthday Gift

Hello,
    i have a brand new iphone 8 gig that i downloaded ziphone and did the DO IT ALL unlock, jailbreak, activate (for rogers sim in Canada)
    everything worked fine.... all functions work on my iphone. everything is perfect, phone calls, internet, sms, youtube.. everything....
    but i looked at the "about" file on my iphone and it says ver. 1.1.2

I have a second iphone 16 gig i purchased previously that was already programed from the seller and ready to use with any sim card
    which is a rogers sim card in canada. this phone works perfect, everything works awesome and when i look at the "about" file on this phone it says ver. 1.1.4

How do i make my iphone 8 gig ver. 1.1.2 iphone go to a ver. 1.1.4???
    i'm using a new macbook pro, i have ziphone software downloaded.
    do i just connect to itunes and click update to upgrade to 1.1.4 ? or should i use Ziphone 1-click to "REFURBISH",
    then go to itunes and upgrade to 1.1.4, then use Ziphone again and use 1-click "Do it All" to unlock, jailbreak and activate for use with a rogers sim card in Canada? ? ?

Please HELP!!!!!!!!!
    This second phone i'm trying to get to 1.1.4 is for my son as a birthday gift in 2 days and i don't want to wreck it !!!

I don't seem to be getting any replies, maybe this question is asked too much and all the Vet's are sick of answering NEWB's
    I understand, but it would be real nice to get this done for my son's birthday and do it without wrecking his phone.

thanks

Hi,

The question has been answered any time in thisand other forums. There is also a lot of good guides describing how to do this. Here is one guide describing how to do it using Ziphone. http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=737

There is also another kit called iPlus that does the same and also installs a couple of applications you will need as well as moving some data from the system partition on the phone so you will have more data available for applications. I recommend iPlus. he guide for iPlus is found here http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=765

Hope this helps. And by the way the www.iclarified.com site contains a lot of useful guides.

Quote Originally Posted by dlong View Post

Hello,
    i have a brand new iphone 8 gig that i downloaded ziphone and did the DO IT ALL unlock, jailbreak, activate (for rogers sim in Canada)
    everything worked fine.... all functions work on my iphone. everything is perfect, phone calls, internet, sms, youtube.. everything....
    but i looked at the "about" file on my iphone and it says ver. 1.1.2

I have a second iphone 16 gig i purchased previously that was already programed from the seller and ready to use with any sim card
    which is a rogers sim card in canada. this phone works perfect, everything works awesome and when i look at the "about" file on this phone it says ver. 1.1.4

How do i make my iphone 8 gig ver. 1.1.2 iphone go to a ver. 1.1.4???
    i'm using a new macbook pro, i have ziphone software downloaded.
    do i just connect to itunes and click update to upgrade to 1.1.4 ? or should i use Ziphone 1-click to "REFURBISH",
    then go to itunes and upgrade to 1.1.4, then use Ziphone again and use 1-click "Do it All" to unlock, jailbreak and activate for use with a rogers sim card in Canada? ? ?

Please HELP!!!!!!!!!
    This second phone i'm trying to get to 1.1.4 is for my son as a birthday gift in 2 days and i don't want to wreck it !!!

I don't seem to be getting any replies, maybe this question is asked too much and all the Vet's are sick of answering NEWB's
    I understand, but it would be real nice to get this done for my son's birthday and do it without wrecking his phone.

thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stefan4711 For This Useful Post:

dlong (2008-03-25)

Thanks a lot...
    I will take a look and give it a try....
    I really appriciate the time you took to help me.