Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A few upgrade questions with a 4s

Default A few upgrade questions with a 4s
    I'm currently running JB 5.0.1, yes I love being JB but a lot of apps require 6 or better to run. So I understand there is no JB for ios 7 and probably not for some time. but here are my questions.

In settings, software update, it shows 6.1.3. If I were to upgrade, will it upgrade to that? and can I JB that?

If I cannot and it'll just go to 7xx, what happens to all of my paid cydia apps. Do I still own them and can retrieve them when a JB comes out?

Thanks for all of your help
    Formerly jpcamaro70

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

I doubt you will be able to update to 6.1.3.as Apple is no longer signing that firmware. iOS 7.0.3 is the only option if you update I believe.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Can't be done 7.0.3 will be where ya would have to go.

As for as ya cydia tweaks anything ya paid for you can git back under manage account in cydia.

Thanks for the info!

Anyone know if 7.0.3 runs well on 4s?
    Formerly jpcamaro70

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Wife's phone has it on and works pretty good she dont say much and she's always on it.

I'm in the same boat too, Iphone 4S running 5.0.1 for forever and want to upgrade to at least 6.0. Judging from the responses, i must upgrade to latest firmware (iOS 7 in this case) and then wait for the jailbreak to come out? So there is always a gap that I must go through without jailbreak. Any other way to get out of that vicious circle?

Quote Originally Posted by harrydao View Post
    I'm in the same boat too, Iphone 4S running 5.0.1 for forever and want to upgrade to at least 6.0. Judging from the responses, i must upgrade to latest firmware (iOS 7 in this case) and then wait for the jailbreak to come out? So there is always a gap that I must go through without jailbreak. Any other way to get out of that vicious circle?
    Yeah, just tried to get another app. This one needs to be at least 5.1 or higher. I'm really not sure what to do. Judging by the conversations, the JB gods are not close to an untethered JB. I have no idea what to do.

There is really one thing I can't live without on the JB, which is Bite sms. There is nothing in the app store that can do what this app can. The other apps I can live without for a while.
    Formerly jpcamaro70