Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cant restore a already Jailbroken Iphone 3Gs...

Wink Cant restore a already Jailbroken Iphone 3Gs...
    Hey Everyone....

A friend of mine have a iPhone 3gs running on iOS 6.0.1 and i jailbroke it for him using Redsnow tethered jailbreak... and now when i try to open cydia it opens and then closes... and then i heard abt evasion jailbreak so i thought of trying it.. so i just tried to restore it using the iPhone2,1_6.0_10A403_Restore ipsw file.. using itunes and it shows many kind of errors like 3194, and when i fixed 3194 using tinyumbrella andother error 1600 and then when i fixed it error 2005.. it kept on coming so i thought of jailbreaking it again using redsnow and then downloading the evasion package from cydia to make it unthethered.. but now when i try to jailbreak it comes to first stage something then show exploit failed error...

Now i dont know wat to do.. hope u guys can help me...

Iphone 3Gs
    Version: 6.0.1(10A523)
    Modem Firmware: 05.13.04

Thanks..^_^

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Use iFaith to extract your 6.0.1 SHSH from the device. Then make a custom stitched 6.0.1 firmware with those SHSH with iFaith and restore to that in itunes. Then you can jailbreak with evasion.
    Make sure you dont have itunes 11.1 installed. If you do downgrade itunes to 11.0.2 or lower first.

Thanks for the reply.... welll im using Itunes 11.0.4... and can u give me a step by step instruction on how to do it ???

Thanks..^_^

Edit:
    Well i tired iFaith.. and choose the 1st option on the right side.. forgot its name...
    it says something abt dumping shsh blobs for later use... so i selected it and then i came to a screen with few options...
    DFU Instructions
    Preperations
    Exploitation
    Upload iBSS
    Upload iBEC
    Dump
    Saving

I did the DFU thing and i came all the way to Upload iBEC and it stayed in this step for so long now... on the right side it shows "waiting for iPhone3GS" and it keeps on loading..

what should i do?

Thanks..^_^

Edit:
    Its been in tat state for like above 30 mins now....
    Last edited by syaoran7li; 2013-10-14 at 07:22 PM.

Thanks

Any idea if you have new or old bootrom 3GS? If not find that out with idetector.

Used iDetector and it said i got the new bootrom...

Thanks

Ok, try iFaith again, shouldn't take more than a couple minutes to get your SHSH. If it does the same thing you may need to try doing it on another computer. I know iFaith works fine on one of my computers at work but doesn't on the other for some reason.

still it gets stuck at upload iBEC... going to try it on another system... does tat system need to have itunes?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by syaoran7li View Post
    still it gets stuck at upload iBEC... going to try it on another system... does tat system need to have itunes?
    I'm not 100% on that but I do believe it does need iTunes, yes. Just download a older version of iTunes and install it if it isn't on there already, 11.1 will definitely mess with iFaith.

how abt itunes 10.4? can i use tat... cuz i have it already.. so no need to download.

i tried in a different pc and it worked.. i extracted the blobs.. and now im creating a signed ipsw....

Thanks

Sounds like you are on the right track, let me know if you hit any more bumps.

well now i think its restoring.. first the ifaith logo came and was loading and then it restarted and then it started loading in apple logo.... now its asking few questions like language and stuff.... ^_^

now it says SIM not valid.. wat to do?

Thanks

You have to activate it with a sim from whatever carrier it is originally locked to. Do you know what carrier that is?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    You have to activate it with a sim from whatever carrier it is originally locked to. Do you know what carrier that is?
    Oh no tat i dont know... is there a way to find it or is there anyother way to activate it?
    and ya i tried evasion and it said the same tat i need to activate it first before jailbreaking...

Thanks

If you use f0recast it can tell you your model number, I may be able to tell what carrier it is from that.

You can hactivate it with redsnow, not sure how well that works with running evasion after but you can try it. In redsnow choose the option to jailbreak but do not select any of the boxes in the second part, not even install cydia. Just run it through that and redsnow will hopefully activate it while still allowing evasion to jailbreak it after.

If you use f0recast it can tell you your model number, I may be able to tell what carrier it is from that.

You can hactivate it with redsnow, not sure how well that works with running evasion after but you can try it. In redsnow choose the option to jailbreak but do not select any of the boxes in the second part, not even install cydia. Just run it through that and redsnow will hopefully activate it while still allowing evasion to jailbreak it after.
    Model is: iPhone 2, 1 [MC135LL/A]
    so what ipsw file should i use when doing the jailbreak using redsnow?

Thanks

You would use the 6.0 firmware for your device when using redsnow.

That model number is ATT. You have the option of getting it officially unlocked, then you wouldn't have to worry about using redsnow to hactivate or installing ultrasnow to unlock. IDeviceGuys | iPhone and iPad Repair | Unlocks Takes about 1-5 days right now, but worth it IMO.

You would use the 6.0 firmware for your device when using redsnow.

That model number is ATT. You have the option of getting it officially unlocked, then you wouldn't have to worry about using redsnow to hactivate or installing ultrasnow to unlock. IDeviceGuys | iPhone and iPad Repair | Unlocks Takes about 1-5 days right now, but worth it IMO.
    u mean this one right? iPhone2,1_6.0_10A403_Restore....
    i just use it and select jailbreak and untick cydia.. and let it finish and then run evasion?

and actually my friend is using it in india now and here we dont have ATT service.. he is using vodafone carrier here...

well i tried using redsnow by unticking cydia and jailbreak.. it did some loading in redsnow and then said waiting for phone to reboot and then it said exploit failed....??

what should i do?
    Last edited by syaoran7li; 2013-10-14 at 10:14 PM.

Thanks

Ya, that's the one. You have to select that ipsw in redsnow first before proceeding to jailbreak.

As far as your carrier, you can get it unlocked from that site since that phone is originally locked to ATT. It is all done remotely, once completed your phone is officially unlocked and will activate and work with any sim card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast