Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: upgrade JB & unlock 3GS iPhone

Default upgrade JB & unlock 3GS iPhone
    A couple of weeks ago, I jailbroke and unlocked my ATT 3GS iPhone (firmware 4.1.2, baseband 6.15.00) phone sucessfuly. However, i have not been able to upgrade the firmware to 6.xx. Is there a way to do this? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macleves View Post
    A couple of weeks ago, I jailbroke and unlocked my ATT 3GS iPhone (firmware 4.1.2, baseband 6.15.00) phone sucessfuly. However, i have not been able to upgrade the firmware to 6.xx. Is there a way to do this? Thanks
    BTW- I used redsn0w to jailbreak and unlock (cidia) this phone.

Thanks

There is, but there are a few wrinkles in the process unfortunately. A couple of quick questions should help ascertain where we stand.

First question: what iteration of bootrom do you have (new or old)? Most old bootrom phones have serial numbers that start with the ranges **920... to **945. Anything else, you probably have a new-bootrom phone.

Second question: what does Cydia's TSS Center say you have for available SHSH blobs (only in the 6.xx range if that's our target)?

Third question: if Cydia reports it has any SHSH blobs for you in the 6.x range, how were they acquired? Did you manually save them using a program like redsn0w, iFaith, or TinyUmbrella, or did Cydia automatically cache them for you?