Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! Need to Upgrade BB on i4

Default Help! Need to Upgrade BB on i4
    Hi!

I own an iphone 4, which was locked to SFR France on Baseband 4.10.01. Previously i was using Gevey, then i got SAM unlock (i was lucky). i upgraded it gradually to 6.1.2 preserving the BB & continued using SAM Unlock tickets i backed up earlier.
    Recently i got it unlocked through imei & it now works with any sim card. The problem i m facing since beginning is that its Data speed is too low (GPRS & EDGE). I have the iFaith blobs for my 6.1.2 & restoring the phone is no problem.
    Now i just want to upgrade the baseband to check if that improves the data speeds, but at the same time i need to stay at 6.1.2 to retain the ability to untethered JB.

Kidly suggest what i should do. i hav already tried following:

1. Tried restoring through Stitched IPSW 6.1.2 with saved blobs. it restores fine but the BB remains the same. iFaith preserves BB i suppose.

2. Snowbreeze preserves BB so i cant go that way.

3. Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 doesnt support 6.1.2 i think. Although it can stitch blobs but it doesnt recognize iFaith blobs & cydia blobs for my 6.1.2 r useless.

What to do??
    Can i just restore to 6.1.2 stitched with bad cydia blobs so that the BB upgrades, but then the phone will b stuck in soft DFU due to bad blobs. At that time can i restore again with iFaith stitched 6.1.2 IPSW & retain untethered ability?????

P.S. i dont want to upgrade to 6.1.3 and i dont need to Hactivate or unlock as the phone is already Factory Unlocked.

Kindly spare some time to reply

Your baseband can only get upgrade by restoring to the latest firmware being signed by Apple. It's 6.1.3 for iPhone 4. Then after that you can downgrade back to 6.1.2 as you have done earlier. Good luck

Thnx i will post feedback after trying it.

Thnx a lot. i did it as u said & i was successful in upgrading to 6.1.3 through itunes then downgraded to 6.1.2 by iFaith stitched ipsw. no problem at all.