Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JailBreak A New iPhone. If Possible i Will BUY

Default JailBreak A New iPhone. If Possible i Will BUY
    Hi,

I currently am using an iPhone 4S, which was jailbroken, and now it is in ios 6.1.3. So i lost my jailbreak.

I would like to buy a new iPhone 4S, with any iOS version lower than 6.1.3 [ I would see the iOS version in new phone by entering the serial number on the website sndeep.info .]

If all goes well and i buy a brand new iPhone 4S with 6.1 or 6.1.1 or 6.1.2.

Will i be able to restore all my data to it from the existing iPhone 4S 6.1.3 backup? [ This can be done by changing the ios 6.1.3 version from back up info.plist file to the iOS version on new phone] I will set it up from iTunes Backup not as a new iPhone. , secondly how will i stop it from upgrading to 6.1.3 and Lastly Will i be able to successfully jailbreak it?

Please correct me if i am wrong anywhere.

Please post your views so that if its possible i would spend some dear money and buy a new phone and sell my old phone.
    Last edited by zac23; 2013-04-11 at 07:21 PM.

Thanks

Hmm, at this point, I think that getting a new 4S with 6.1.2 on it is a large gamble. The cutoff, from the serial number perspective, would be early in Week 12 (xxxKF). Anything with a number or the letters C or D as the fifth character is probably on 6.1.2, anything F or higher is probably on 6.1.3.

To me, it seems wasteful to purchase a whole new phone... you may want to consider getting a warranty swapout for an issue that normally is just annoying to you, or trading your 4S with someone who has one still on 6.1.2. Either way, you may want to hustle if you want to go the new phone/official swap route, because Apple traditionally turns their inventory over very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Hmm, at this point, I think that getting a new 4S with 6.1.2 on it is a large gamble. The cutoff, from the serial number perspective, would be early in Week 12 (xxxKF). Anything with a number or the letters C or D as the fifth character is probably on 6.1.2, anything F or higher is probably on 6.1.3.

To me, it seems wasteful to purchase a whole new phone... you may want to consider getting a warranty swapout for an issue that normally is just annoying to you, or trading your 4S with someone who has one still on 6.1.2. Either way, you may want to hustle if you want to go the new phone/official swap route, because Apple traditionally turns their inventory over very quickly.
    My question was if i do it will i be able to jailbreak it and how will i be able to do it. I wasnt asking your advice on if i should do the gamble or not?.. second thing my current iphone 4s has signs of wear and tear on all sides, the glass broke and was replaced recently. So Exchange is not probably possible. and i Live in India, where dealers have some old unsold stock with previous os versions, we bought an iPhone 5 in March, the phone's build was December.

Well Let me know abt the jailbreak process if u can thanks..