Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading jailbroken 1.1.1 iphone

Default Upgrading jailbroken 1.1.1 iphone
    Hey I am not a novice at this, but I've seen some bad things happen to iphones in the past, so I want to be cautious. I want to upgrade to 1.1.4, and I will restore my iphone then upgrade, then use Ziphone to jailbreak. If I restore, back up, and my iphone on itunes, will I still have my applications when I jailbreak again? also, will I lose contacts or anything? I just don't want anything to go wrong in the upgrading. Thanks a lot, and please if I said something wrong don't answer my question by correcting my terminology.

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you plan to restore your iPhone to 1.1.4 to Unlock/Jailbreak/Activate again using ZiPhone, then Yes you WILL loose everything, all your Apps, Photo's, SMS's, Music, Contacts etc...
    When you have Restored, J/U/A, then it's best to set up as a NEW phone, as settings from a previous Jailbreak can cause problems with a ZiPhoned iPhone. Best thing to do is Backup ALL contacts to your computers Address Book, Backup ALL Photo's to your Hard Drive, Back up all music etc...
    Once Restored and ZiPhoned, then SYNC them to a NEW phone... Also rename your iPhone something different to what it was named before you restored it, that way it causes less problems... for example, my Phone was called "Paul's Phone" on 1.1.1, when upgraded to 1.1.4 it was called "Paul's Hacked iPhone". Again causes less problems.
    Modding my iPhone since Feb 08! lol

If anything i say helps you, please click the thanks button!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Brownie2k For This Useful Post:

raygalvan (2008-04-17)