Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.0.2 to 1.1.4 upgrade

Default 1.0.2 to 1.1.4 upgrade
    Do i need to virginize my phone or can i just use ZiPhone to upgrade my phone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone nhba74's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Need more info.
    Hi,

Need more info, in order to help.

1. Are you on Mac or Windows
    2. Is your 1.0.2 jailbroken or unlocked?

Don't be shy, it's ok to hit that THANKS button.

Thanks
    Smile 1.0.2 to 1.1.4 upgrade as well
    Hi there,

I need the same help.
    I'm also having the firmware 1.0.2 and need to upgrade to 1.1.4. My iphone is unlocked and jailbroken but i don't know how they did it ( bought it from a shop ). I'm using a PC by the way. A guide to upgrade is appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -iphone-version.jpg  
    Last edited by ~Blaze~; 2008-03-22 at 12:29 PM.

Some people have suggested that you can do that, but these are the steps that I took:

I would recommend you first virginize your phone using the i.unlock method and then upgrade directly to 1.1.4 through restore and use ziphone- That's what I did. So here is my suggested method/guide:

No elaborate process for virginizing; it is done automatically through installer- just do this:

1. Set Settings → General → Auto Lock → Never

2. Start Installer and update it if it asks. Tap on Sources, Edit, and Add http://i.unlock.no/ as a repository.

3. Make sure you have BSD Subsystem installed. If it's installed it's listed in "Uninstall", if not listed, install it from the System category

4. Now, install The Virginizer found in the Unlocking Tools category. This will take almost 10 minutes to complete.

5. Now restore through iTunes to 1.1.4 and use ziphone

---all in all, a 20 minute process max!--
    Last edited by TheHK; 2008-03-22 at 12:58 PM.
    If I help you out, help me out by clicking the button

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheHK For This Useful Post:

rossialwai (2008-05-03), vapilado (2008-03-27), ~Blaze~ (2008-03-22)

Thanks
    Hi TheHK,

Well, i have not virginize the Phone but continued with the restore and then the Ziphone. It worked!!. Thanks alot man...
    Great help.

Cheers.

Glad it worked, I was not sure, just wanted to take caution

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheHK For This Useful Post:

sburgaleta (2008-03-24), ~Blaze~ (2008-03-24)

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

revirginizing only applies to unlocks
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

Yeah, his was unlocked

Hi,
    I need help with my iPhone. I just got it and Im totally lost! Im not good with technical things, but I really want my iPhone to be functional. I dont know if the phone has been unlocked or jailbroken, and it doesnt seem to have 'installer'? I have version 1.0.2 and it seems like I cant add 3 party apps or modify the phone without it? Im not sure. WHAT DO I DO? I want to change my homescreen and add ringtones to the phone. Is this possible?

If you do not have installer it means that you are not jailbroken so you cannot add 3rd party apps. If you are using a non-at&t sim, it means that you are unlocked.

So which are u? The first step would be to add installer to your phone which you can easily do by following one of the many guides on here

I had firmware 1.0.2 OTB and unlocked. After a lot of research i bit the bullet and I restored to 1.1.4. and then activated/unlocked/jailbroke using Ziphone 2.6b. All worked very smoothly - took around 15 mins in all. I did'nt virginize and am using a Mac with the latest itunes. I did quit the itunes helper using Activity Monitor before Ziphone.Everything works including utube and location finder. Just had to reset network settings to get wifi up and running. Hope this and the above helps any 1.0.2 people wondering whether/how to to upgrade.

Redrum

Im not as lucky as some of you guys here. I upgraded mine 1.0.2 to 1.1.4 without virginize the phone first. Unlock with Ziphone. Now I got a unlock and working 1.1.4 iphone, BUT without WIFI, without BT and a corrupted imei(
    Is there any way that i can restore it back or fix the problems?

thanks for anybody who can help me.

hey thanks people worked for my iphone too i successfully updated from 1.0.2 to 1.1.4

Success! Activated, Unlocked and Jailbroken without Virginizing Using ZiPhone. Thanks for the Help!