Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Force Deleating The Baseband.

Thanks

Default Force Deleating The Baseband.
    I see some promise to this, from the iPhone Dev Wiki

"Force (deleting/replace) the 1.1.1 baseband - by jszeto222/maomaofong2005

By corrupting the BB Firmware during the 1.1.1 restore!
    Method, unplug usb during middle of the Firmware upgrading part!
    Result to Corrupt/missing baseband, therefore possible on replacing baseband on to it, at lease 1.1.1, as upgrade from 1.0.2 may not got you a clean 1.1.1 firmware!

Doing this would allow you for a clean firmware for those upgraded from unlocked 1.0.2! If success, it will simply show on display "Repair Needed" iPhone cannot make or receive call!
    Also will show no WiFi + no detail made Empty on Baseband version in About page !"

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1337/...174aef.jpg?v=0
    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1164/...c67a8f.jpg?v=0

Thanks

simple but intresting

Thanks

Very interesting, waiting on some confirmation and ill post.

Would anyone like to be brave and test
    Last edited by DoerrFan; 2007-10-03 at 01:29 AM.

This has happened on my phone. Any ideas hot to fix it??

Thanks

Reflash the origional baseband to the phone. Get secpack from whatever firmware you are on, pretty much just do the part afte ieraser in the baseband downgrade

did this HW unlock last night. I am now restored to 1.0.2 with " Repair Needed can not make or receive calls" message. I use iBrickr to jailbreak and it tells me that the phone is jailbroken but the phone stays on the emergency call screen. I try to install PXL, BSD Subsystems, and Terminal. It states that they install but I can not get past the activate screen. When iTunes opens it says "cannot activate phone no SIM installed". I have original AT&T SIM in the phone. My guess is that some thing went wrong during the HW unlock. I am not sure that I changed the nor to the updated file. How can I restart the HW unlock with no wifi or terminal? Is that even possible? I have restored to 1.1.2 and get the green screen in iBrickr, Then to 1.1.1 and get the red screen and reboots to Activation screen with "Repair Needed cannot make or receive calls". So back to 1.0.2 with the problem mentioned above. I have restored between the three at least 20 times back and fourth with the same results. I am sure someone has had a similar problem and gotten around it somehow. There are so many differnet threads now about this unlock that it is impossible to find an answer. If someone could guide me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. I have never used the 1.0.2 unlock method so I may be doing something wrong with that. I don't know. Thank for any help you can give