Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about upgrade and unlock

Default Question about upgrade and unlock
    I just got a refurb iphone from ATT. When I go to Setting->General->About, it shows that the version is 1.0.1(1C25) and modem firmware is 03.14.08_G. I want to unlock my Iphone using iPlus(heard that it is safer). But do I need to upgrade it to 1.1.4 firmware before I can unlock it? How to upgrade it to 1.1.4(By Itune?)? What is the bootloader version of my iphone? Is it better to use Ziphone? If I want to upgrade to 2.0(when it is available in June), will iPlus be the better choice? Please help me.

I will recommend upgrading to 1.1.4 then unlocking the iphone with Ziphone because you must have a 3.9 bootloader. You will have to but your iphone in recovery mode in order to upgraded.
    To enter recovery mode, press and hold the Power button and the Home button when the iphone has a blank screen stop holding the the power button but keep holding the home button and conect to the conputer the apple logo wil show up keep pressing the home buttons then the conecto to itunes will show and itunes will open and tell your your Iphone is in recovery mode and click ok then click on restore buton.

Goto http://ziphone.org and download Ziphone and run the Gui