Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help / I Am So Frustrated!

Default Need Help / I Am So Frustrated!
    Hey everyone, I am so frustrated with my iphone =( I was hesitant about upgrading from my stable 1.1.2, but decided to take the plunge. So, I restored the iphone to 1.1.4 thru iTunes and then used ziphone to jailbreak and activate it. By the way, I am using a MAC.

• First try: (Restored/Jailbreak/Activate) Everything worked except, no carrier signal
    • Second try: (Restored/Jailbreak/Activate) Was not able to activate or get a carrier signal
    • Third try: (Restored/Unlock/Jailbreak/Activate) Got carrier signal, but remained inactivated
    • Fourth try: (Restored/Refurbish/Jailbreak/Activate) Got carrier signal, but remained inactivated
    • Fifth try: I AM DONE SIMPLY GAVE UP!

Please can anyone figure this out. It sucks not having a phone!

ok
    u want to unlock too or ur using att????

I just want to jailbreak and activate the phone. I am a ATT user already. The funny thing is that I can receive calls, but the only thing that show on my screen is the "cable pointing at the iTunes logo", so I can't access any features on the phone. Strange....

ok ur not supossed to activat the phone by ziphone
    all u have to do is restor and activat ur phone by itunes as a new phone after that just jailbreak throw ziphone / no unlock or actvat

If i don't activate it, then I'll be forced to sign a two year contract with ATT. I don't want that.

So, is this the proper steps I'm taking:
    1. Go into recovery mode and restore thru Itunes
    2. Close out itunes
    3. Open ziphone and just jailbreak
    4. Open itunes, plug the iphone and select "new phone"

I never get this option in the 4th step. It asks me to go through the activation process with ATT instead.

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

arent you on AT&T? you have to activate with itunes.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

I am a ATT user, but if I activate it thru iTunes, wouldn't I have to sign up a contract with them? I bought this phone from someone and all I had to do was take my sim from my blackberry and poped it into the iphone and I was good to go. Didn't have to activate it what so ever. Just Selected "new phone" and not "backed-up user".

no just try to activate it by itnes
    and after that jailbrak

on ziphone under "Advanced" click on jailbreak and activate .. leave the unlock option unchecked..
    If I help you out, help me out by clicking the button