Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bootloader Question

Default Bootloader Question
    Now I know this goes against all the forum rules but I would like to ask again about bootloaders. I've tried to piece together what I can from the forums but I really can't be bothered going through 9+ pages of flames just to get information.

Now what I'd like to know is are there any known adverse effects to downgrading your bootloader to 3.9 (as I did with my 1.1.2 OTB)? Secondly, what is this test point and who can do it?

I'd like to thank whoever answers this question in advance and would ask anyone intending on posting a sarcastic remark to please hit Command-Q (That's Alt-F4 for Windows) right now!

mgebara,

IMHO, downgrading bootloader will not affect you. As many of iPhones came with 3.9 bootloader and they are still on same bootloader so Apple will be supporting that bootloader with future updates.

In case, Apple dont want to support bootloader 3.9, they will upgrade it through iTunes (Software upgrade) and our hacker community will defenetely get a way of upgrading bootloader by software method.

I am currently happy with 3.9 bootloader. Its more stable. I will prefer using ziphone eventhough it downgrades your bootloader. Only con using ziphone is that you wont be able to virginize your iphone (new iphone with 4.6 bootloader) for Apple support and return purpose. In my words, who needs Apple support on iPhone when we have this enriched iPhone community.

Just my 0.02

Ghost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ghosts_owner For This Useful Post:

mgebara (2008-03-22)

I read from an interview with Zibri that you CAN reupgrade bootloader by using bbupdater, can anyone confirm? here is the source.

http://ipodtouch4all.com/2008/03/09/...m/#comment-316

or am i missunderstanding?