Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Signal Issue Iphone 3GS 4.3.3

Angry Signal Issue Iphone 3GS 4.3.3
    Got a signal issue with my Iphone 3GS baseband 05.16.02 running firmware 4.3.3 (jailbroken with Redsn0w)

I will get 1-3 bars max, even in open areas that normally would be full strength, and if it losses signal then you have to turn the phone off / on to get it back (this happens somewhere around three times per day - other days not once). I have tried restoring and same thing.
    Searching Google says to upgrade to ipad baseband then use UltraSnow (I haven't tried yet). However have tried UltraSnow 1.2.3 using my current baseband but all that does is give me no signal at all.

btw my carrier is Bell in Canada

Does anyone have a fix other than Ipad Baseband? It's pissin me off :P

Thanks!
    Last edited by CMoney118; 2011-10-01 at 06:24 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Are you using the official carrier for your iphone ?

Ipad baseband is only needed for unlock with other carrier if you currently have a non unlockable baseband.
    It also breaks your gps function and can never be reversed.

Have you tried restoring to stock 4.3.3 and test out your signal prior to jailbreaking ? Of course you would need 4.3.3 blob for any restore apple no longer signs.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-10-01 at 07:05 PM.

Using the official carrier yes... i m not really sure what you mean by 4.3.3 blob... thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Blob is a combination of your device ECID and firmware generated by apple server for verification of ypur firmware restore. Each blob is unique.
    When apple is signing the firmware, it also generates the blob , during this window period, you need to grab the blob if you want to restore to the firmware again, if you did not save them, then you are too late. Once apple stops signing the firmware, it also stops generating the blob.
    In summary, if you dont have the blob saved, if you ever do a restore , you can only restore to the latest firmware , hence deleting your jailbreak.