Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Frustrated!!!! Jailbroke I think.

Default Frustrated!!!! Jailbroke I think.
    I have an iphone my brother got as payment for helping a lady with her computer. 1st the iphone is a 2g with 3.1.3 firmware it has apps that I see people talking about when referring to JB like cydia, winterboard and summerboard. Ive been using it as an ipod until I saw yesterday it can be used on prepaid.So I go get the gophone Att chip activate and now im using it. I dont have wifi to download the things I think I have to have to get the data plan working and no wifi available cant do anything with it in itunes it wont update or restore so im stuck. Whats the process on getting the net to work without wifi. Can someone give me the steps to get it working? Oh yeah I dont have the option of changing the apn it only has vpn and wifi on the network settings.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You need to download redsn0w 0.9.4 , 3.1.2 ipsw, BL 3.9 and BL 4.6 for unlock and do your jailbreak.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

BamaBoy256 (2011-10-01)

Thanks for replying! DL'd Redsn0w, iphone1,1 3.1.2 7D11 restore and a rar with 3.9 and 4.6 bootloaders. Whats is the order and how do I use each. Sorry this is my first time.

It wont connect to anything in itunes it pops up to the right but when i try to restore it says itunes software server could not be contacted.

Ive gotten the iphone to FW 3.1.2 but dont know what to do next I tried to look on my own but everything i come upon tell me i need wifi. Thats why im trying to get the data plan because i dont have access to wifi.

Thanks

You only need Internet on your computer to restore and download all the required tools. Once restored, use the downloaded redsnow to jailbreak and unlock it for you. You don't need wifi nor 3G unless you want to update cydia.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-10-02 at 04:28 AM.

Sorry I wasnt clear about what I wanted to achieve. Im trying to get the data to work on prepaid gophone. and i was under the impression you had to have wifi to download the apps needed to be able to use the net prepaid. I know i have to get an additional package for data. Oh Im on the 50 buck unlimited gophone plan also. Thanks in advance
    Last edited by BamaBoy256; 2011-10-04 at 11:09 PM.

Thanks

Working ?