Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS Stuck on Restore Mode screen

Default 3GS Stuck on Restore Mode screen
    I have a friend's 3gs. I work on friends' iPhones, mostly hardware related repairs, but he gave me this phone that is stuck in restore mode. I have tried a plain and simple restore, tried restoring to 4.1, 4.3.5, tried through the restore mode and DFU. I even tried putting it in Pwned DFU for the restore to 4.1...nothing worked. Got an error a couple of times. Only remember the number 20. Not sure if I got a different one. On a couple of the attempts it went all the way through the restore then on reboot it went straight back to restore mode. Most of the time it just says, "not eligible for the requested build" or whatever. If anybody can help it would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

To fix error ineligible for required build for restore to 4.1 or 4.3.5, either go to hosts file and delete gs.apple.com or do the settings in Tiny Umbrella.

not sure what you mean by that. in TU I unchecked the box for a clean restore and tried again. Does it need to be in DFU for the restore or is restore mode ok?

Just tried again, in restore mode to restore to 4.1...got the error 20

Thanks

Use ireb to put iphone into dfu mode and restore to stock 4.1 again.

didn't use ireb., going to download it now, but I did put it in DFU (holding power +home, etc) and restore to 4.1, got the 1015 error and used TU to kick it out of restore and it went right back into restore mode

can I get ireb for a mac?

ok, tried DFU mode through redsnow, the restore again to 4.1, went through the whole thing and then 1015, used TU to kick out of recovery and went right back in recovery mode
    Last edited by brhuff7; 2011-09-30 at 02:38 AM.

Thanks

Alright, use redsnow 0.9.9b1 to kick it out error 1015.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

brhuff7 (2011-09-30)