Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck on apple logo, restore not an option. Experts please read!

Default Stuck on apple logo, restore not an option. Experts please read!
    Some back info:

I have an Iphone 4, on 4.3.2 firmware with Redsnow 0.9.6rc16 jailbreak. Had this for 4 months and everything has been fine. I did some updates in cydia, like 4, and it asked me to reboot. Ever since then, it's stuck on the apple logo. I followed the steps from a YouTube link to "Boot Tethered" from the same redsnow I used 4 months ago, 0.9.6rc16, and it goes through the processes and at the end the sceen on the phone goes white, and then you get a pineapple logo that hangs just as long as the apple logo did before. After I do a hard reset the pineapple logo, doesn' come back, but the apple logo does again, again, and again, after multiple hard resets and hangs.

So far:

1. I cannot get iphone explorer or iphone browser to recognize my iphone.
    2. I tried to ssh into it, but I don't think I have ssh installed on my iphone? I can see an IP in my linksys router for my iphone, but still can't connect to it.
    3. I used Redsn0w to boot in tethered mode as mentioned above, did not help.

I DO NOT want to reset my iphone to factory settings, I have a particular contact and some photos that I did not get to backup in a while.

I am wondering is there a way to make iphone explorer or iphone browser recognize my iphone in DFU or recovery mode?

Not sure if I should use a newer jb than the original 0.9.6rc16 that is one the phone when trying that tethered boot?

I'm looking for anything to try, or some way to boot it to get all my current pictures, texts, etc.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

If you have installed ssh and generated the keys or installed a third party software , you may be able to get to the roots and retrieve your data , otherwise, a restore is needed.
    Do you have 4.3.3 blob ?

I don't think I have ssh installed on the phone. I know in cydia it has my ssh key or something listed. I had 3 party apps installed on the phone. 4.3.2 is on the phone. Not sure what a blob is. I'm willing to try anything.

Thanks

No ssh means you can't get to root system, so a restore is what you want . Check with Tiny Umbrella if you have any shsh blob.

It should look like this :
    Attachment 549571
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-09-29 at 10:08 PM.

It shows 4.0.1, which is from an older Iphone. I'm a little confused. There isn't a custom jailbreak that would redo the directories to let it boot again or something? I just want my pictures and text conversations, etc. I know all that stuff is on my phone still, and don't want to restore. Other ideas?

Hasn't anyone made some custom redsnow to wipe out the directory that causes this boot problem?

I've been reading these links, but don't know if they are for an iphone 4 on 4.3.2 and if the'd work?

Mostly iPhone hacking: Data recovery: not just for iBoot-pwned devices

Mostly iPhone hacking

Issue 19 - iphone-dataprotection - Issues after starting a RAMdisk on a device with iOS 4.3.4 - iphone data protection tools - Google Project Hosting

This guy below has a custom file to fix it for windows, but it's an older file I think:

iPhone – Rock App Causing Devistation | Router Jockey

Thanks

I can still get into the root directory with my third pqrty software if i am stucked at apple logo but you must have have it installed prior to get stucked.

DO you mean with a ssh program?

I just saw that snowbreeze 2.6 has ssh built into their
    jailbreak for my 4.3.2 firmware. Can't I re-jailbreak overtop my redsnow with this snowbreeze and have access with SSH then? It even lets you add .deb files.

Thanks

That is a restore to custom firmware, your photos will still be lost.
    ssh means get to root directories and is different from shsh blob ( file needed for verification of your restore )

Crap. You would think there would be a modded jb file that would wipe the directories that cause this frozen state.

sorry to hijack on this thread but i also have the same problem with my iphone 3GS, hoping to get some fix and suggestions from you too, iYeow, it is here..

http://modmyi.com/forums/general/782...ml#post6254353

Do you have openssh installed on your phone? If not, Do a search for ssh ramdisk method.

I got the phone to boot with the same issue you had!!! Just like before with all my data! The only thing that is missing are some Cydia apps. I had someone in an irc chat that*moved the contents of*/Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries to another folder, and the phone booted!!!! He asked me what I updated in Cydia, as we could probably nuke the items, but i couldn't remember, and then I asked why can't we just wipe it all out, and he liked my suggestion and it worked!

I think this would work for anyone with apple logo freezing issue after updating Cydia programs! We may have broke some ground here! I must have booted the phone 80 times and as soon as I moved that stuff out, it booted!

i cant remember but i think i had it installed but rarely using it cause i prefer to use iphonebrowser and stuff... please elaborate more