Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs 6.15 stuck on apple logo (advanced)

hi please help,
    i have a problem upgrading my iphone 3gs baseband 6.15, i don't know what exactly happen but every time i try to restore it stuck on the apple logo. i try to fix it with dfu mode , redsnow , snowbreeze .. always the same result . tried firmware 4.1 4.2.1 4.3.2 4.3.3 4.3.4 4.3.5 , nothing always stuck on apple logo ,, i try restore i always get error 1015 the i use fixrecovery43.exe to solve the problem. but the the phone stuck on apple logo until i get the loading circle over the logo , but no luck with most of the solution i used (dfu mode , custom firmware ,greenpoison, redsnow , snowbreez ) , could anyone help me to restore my phone and get it working pleaaaase.i am sure it is a boot problem but i am just a noob .
    thank you

i figure out the solution and i am writing it in case somone else face the same problem. i seem that somhow the problem is with the screen (i don't see even the relation). so the soltion is after boot and fix recovery you must boot your iphone wihtout screen until you hear the bip of the lock screen , than you can re attach your screen and voila !! i hope it help , thank'
    Last edited by helmidragon; 2011-09-26 at 01:00 PM.

Default help me
    Which of the connectors should I withdraw?
    So I turn my iphone lcd disconnected?

Sorry my English.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Don't understand your question

Default so
    Can me send some steps?

i had the same problem ... i need know what you do to fix exactly ... i'm a brazillian, my english is bad.

Do you disconnected the lcd display to solve the problem?

Thanks

I assume you either have a 3g or 3gs
    Run tiny umbrella, uncheck : set hosts file to cydia and close it.
    Put iphone into dfu mode
    Run itunes : shift + restore to stock 4.1 firmware.
    Error 1015 pops up
    Close the error box and close itunes
    Run tiny umbrella, use Exit recovery to kick it out
    Now you are at emergency screen.
    Activate your iphone with sim or just jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.9.6 b6
    Once jailbroken, install Ultrasn0w from Cydia to unlock your ipad bb.

By the way, you don't remove or take your iphone apart.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-09-29 at 01:47 AM.

hello, this is exactly what happen to me and the solution is to boot the phone without a screen (detach it completly )until i hear the bip of lockscreen(first boot after recovery) , then i reattach the screen and reboot. i think the problem is related screen wires in the first boot after recovery.it don't let the phone configure the first boot proprely (i am just a computer engineer not phone professional but i guess it's somehow have a relation with first drivers configuration). by the way my case was that phone don't boot and stuck with apple logo and no dfu , no jail braik no fix recovery nothing can boot it . i hope that this help someone someday because it made me crazy when it happen .

Thanks

Just some thoughts : the screen acts as an input and output device. Removing the screen will not help in anyway.

This actually happened to me too, but slightly different. The phone was stuck on apple logo with spinning wheel like it was not boot up but it synced with itunes. I swapped the digitizer/LCD display then I can access the springboard (home screen).

Thanks

Hmmm interesting, then you have to keep a spare digitizer for the purpose.

Cool Worked for me!!!
    Thanks!!! My iphone 3gs is fixed!

I followed the helmidragon instructions.

Thanks a lot!