Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP carrier wants to charge me $7,000 for roaming, need to unjailbreak!!!

Default HELP carrier wants to charge me $7,000 for roaming, need to unjailbreak!!!
    My carrier Movistar, is charging me $7,000 for roaming 1 day and a half in Honduras.
    My phone was consuming data every hour I was there with out me knowing.
    Since I am going to dispute the obsence charges I'm assuming they will check to see if my phone is jailbroken to make my life harder. Since it is jailbroken and I'm on 4.1 I was wondering how I can get rid of the jaibreak and update to 4.3.3 since that is the last untethered jailbreak available to be able to re-jailbreak after this issue is settled.

I know that if I update through iTunes, I will lose jailbreak but it will update to 4.3.5 which there is only a tethered jailbreak available.

If this helps, according to Cydia I have the following shsh on file: 4.1, 4.2.1, 4.2b3, 4.3.3, 4.3.5

Please advise as sson as possible tomorrow monday I have an appointmet with Movistar.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Just hit restore in iTunes, it will take you to 4.3.5

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Just hit restore in iTunes, it will take you to 4.3.5
    I won't be able to rejailbreak untethered.
    According to what I am reading right now 4.3.5 can only be tethered jailbroken.

I'm saving that option as my last resource.

Thanks

You have the blob, you can always downgrade. What exactly is your question ?

By the way, the chances of you disputing to ask them to reverse this amount is slim. When you are abroad, you should have received a message from your carrier warning you of roaming.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-09-26 at 04:30 AM.

You have the blob, you can always downgrade. What exactly is your question ?

By the way, the chances of you disputing to ask them to reverse this amount is slim. When you are abroad, you should have received a message from your carrier warning you of roaming.
    I have the blob on Cydia. So I assume that if I update through itunes I will end up with 4.3.5 which there is only a tethered jailbreak out.

How can I downgrade if I won't have Cydia on the phone anymore?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allanes5 View Post
    I have the blob on Cydia. So I assume that if I update through itunes I will end up with 4.3.5 which there is only a tethered jailbreak out.

How can I downgrade if I won't have Cydia on the phone anymore?
    You don't downgrade with Cydia , you downgrade with blob and jailbreak to get Cydia,

By the way, I never got a message (sms or anything) from my carrier warning me of roaming.
    I travel frequently to Honduras and there was no data roaming before only voice
    I found out while on the second day of my trip that I had data roaming.

You don't downgrade with Cydia , you downgrade with blob and jailbreak to get Cydia,
    I'm sorry, you lost me here. Can you please tell me how to downgrade with the blob to get Cydia later!

I assume I should go ahead and update through itunes then?
    Last edited by allanes5; 2011-09-26 at 05:42 AM.

Thanks

Once you jailbreak after a restore , you get Cydia. Don't worry , when you are ready to downgrade, we will help you.

Thanks

Btw, is Data Roaming turned off in Settings > General > Network? Shouldn't be using data then...
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!