Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Noob trying to Update Iphone4

Default Noob trying to Update Iphone4
    Ok so, I have Version 4.2.1 on my Iphone 4 and my Cydia says SHS: IOS 4.3.3, 4.3.5 at the top. So I want to do a untethered jailbreak. So what steps can I do next to do that jailbreak?
    I haven' t updated anything since I did the initial jailbreak so it's been awhile and seems like every where i check now it's a different version. Should I update software than just dl which files to complete a untethered jailbreak?
    Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Is there a reason why ya want to update? I stayed at 4.2.1 for a while only reason i got 4.3.3 is I broke my phone and had to git another one. I would just stay with 4.2.1 and wait till iOS 5 comes out

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1dakotaman View Post
    Is there a reason why ya want to update? I stayed at 4.2.1 for a while only reason i got 4.3.3 is I broke my phone and had to git another one. I would just stay with 4.2.1 and wait till iOS 5 comes out
    Yes, wait to iOS 5 comes out, which should be next month.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

So there is a reason? What is that no big change in it. Instead of maybe messing something up not saying that ya would I would chill with what ya got

no everything is fine now, but any way to get it to go untethered at least?? or no?

Well greenpois0n is untethered, so yes.

so can i just install greenpoisi0n since I do have Cydia through redsnow? Or would I have to remove what I have on my iphone4, if so how would. So what steps would I need to do since I do have cydia through redsnow already on my iphone4?
    Thanks

Stay on 4.2.1. My last iPhone I had 4.0 and 4.1 and was getting two days on a charge. I had a lot of problems and updated to 4.3, and boom...I couldn't get more than 8 hrs on a charge (just texting, a few short calls, and moderate facebook and surfing, no games). I downgraded to 4.2.1 and I was getting a full day on a charge with a little left over.

I finally got them to replace my old one (button and wifi issues...and what a pain it was to get them to replace it. Their customer service sucks.) and it's on 4.3.5. Again, I get about 8-10 hours to a charge max. The battery life on 4.3 is not good at all.

man do I miss an untethered JB! I'm waiting for iOS5 now, although I hear the battery life isn't any better...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

I noticed my Home button on my iphone 4 is not as good as the Home button on my 3gs, it is possible Apple go cheap on Home button, just something to ponder.

Ok so I am planning to stay on 4.2.1 , but is greenposi0n worth installing ? If so, do i have to do a system restore since I do have Cydia and winterboard or I can just go ahead and install greenposion?. Cydia says SHS: IOS 4.3.3, 4.3.5 at the top of the program.

Thanks

Is your iphone currently jailbroken ?

yes, with redsnow, and my Cydia does say SHS: IOS 4.3.3, 4.3.5 ( if this makes a difference on what to do next?)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Just leave it alone, you would have to restore and then jailbreak with greenpoison. Not worth the hassle IMO.

Thanks

+1, leave it alone for now as you are not facing any problems .