Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: touch screen not working after changing a setting in dreamboard

Hello all new here, i was planning on making an account a little later after i read a little more on these forums but i kinda ran into a problem and i guess this is better time than any to introduce my self.

I found dreamboard today installed it and changed the theme that came with it to the one that looks like the HTC theme.
    After changing a setting i can't remember what one it was, i know i clicked on the + sign at the bottom right and then i click another option to change what my search was going to be. I clicked the google icon. After that the phone hung and didn't do anything so i put it in DFU mode to restart it. When it does restart i have about 2 second that my touch screen will work after that it stops and freezes and then after about 5 min it will restart, not restart the phone. t looks like it keeps trying to restart the theme. So I'm not even sure what to search for to help fix this, I'm assuming that it has to do with the theme from dreamboard. Because i can still get calls. Just the buttons and screen don't do anything. Any help would be great thank you.

it was Web Widget i changed to the google icon.

Well I have enough time to change to the default theme and it work i got back but silly me tried the android theme again and now I'm stuck again. I guess a uninstall of dreamboard and reinstall would help?
    Last edited by Ezcaflowne; 2011-09-25 at 11:18 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Can you not uninstall it , you may need to restore again.

Well I had enough time to change to the default theme and my phone works fine now. I uninstalled dreamboard and installed it again, but still froze up again so I'm guessing i bugged it somehow. I guess ill work back from there and uninstall the packages i put on my phone today and see if it is indeed dreamboard.

Well i got everything uninstalled now that i did today and did a restart of the phone and in the top middle of the phone where it displays signal wifi and battery life it says "it Safe Mode"
    Last edited by Ezcaflowne; 2011-09-26 at 12:23 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

There is still some caches in there if you can't get out of safe mode. Manual delete, the dylib in Mobile Substrate could be the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    There is still some caches in there if you can't get out of safe mode. Manual delete, the dylib in Mobile Substrate could be the cause.
    i swiped and clicked restart it took it out of safe mode just fine. Only do highlighted part if i can't?

after all that i installed dreamboard again and there is still something wrong with this theme.. how do i wipe out all the settings i did on it because it seems like its keeping the thing i messed up and uninstalling it does not seem to be helping.
    Last edited by Ezcaflowne; 2011-09-26 at 12:45 AM.

Default My Iphone 4 screen started to freeze also after using Dreamboard
    I installed dreamboard on my iphone, started using it to check it out but after a few min.
    everything froze and couldn't do anything. After a minute or 2 the app would like reboot
    and start working again but for like 2 or 3 seconds, anything i tried to do didn't work i
    was even considering restoring my iphone but that would have been the last thing i wanted
    to do, so i keep't trying different options like rebooting but the same thing kept happening
    (Frozen screen, couldn't change back to the original theme etc.)

My solution:
    I was connected to wifi all this time so i turned my out router off
    and then everything went back to normal but i unistalled after this.

Ps: I have an Iphone 4 Fw:4.2.1 BB:03.10.01

Hope this helps