Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restoring to a custom firmware - PC to Mac

Default Restoring to a custom firmware - PC to Mac
    Hello all.

I have just bought a Mac, and would obviously like to sync my iPhone from my Mac instead of my PC.
    It's a 3GS running 4.3.3 which is Jailbroken and Unlocked using Redsn0w on Windows, I had to install the iPad baseband (06.15) to be able to unlock.

Just wondering, is it as downloading Pwnagetool and creating a custom .ipsw file, and restoring via iTunes, or is it much more complicated than this?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It's as simple as you described. I'm a PC user, but use Pwnage and a Mac as my preferred choice.
    Select your options, and built the custom firmware. Option/select restore the cfw.

Edit: Don't forget SHSH blobs and Tiny Umbrella TSS must be running.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

RJL_93 (2011-09-25)

Sorry to be a pain - I'm new to all these SHSH blobs etc.
    I just don't want to "brick" my phone, haha.

Do I need to do anything specific to save the SHSH blobs, and also, have just installed TinyUmbrella, but I have no idea what I'm doing with it :? (Will try and find a thread/tutorial)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

What are your trying to do ? Is it that you want to sync your iPhone to a new Mac , you do not need restore.

Yeah basically

I thought I had to restore to sync with a new iTunes library?

Thanks

No, you can sync with new macwithout restoring. but if iTunes is empty for apps, sign in and authorized , it will say if you want to transfer apps , say yes . For contacts , it should ask you if you want to merge , say Yes. Photos wise , you have to transfer from pc to Mac.

Don't restore your iPhone unnecessary as you may get stucked and even if you did, it will be all wiped out .
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-09-25 at 08:52 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

RJL_93 (2011-09-25)

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    No, you can sync with new macwithout restoring. but if iTunes is empty for apps, sign in and authorized , it will say if you want to transfer apps , say yes . For contacts , it should ask you if you want to merge , say Yes. Photos wise , you have to transfer from pc to Mac.

Don't restore your iPhone unnecessary as you may get stucked and even if you did, it will be all wiped out .
    Awesome!

Didn't know this, and didn't try it 'cause I thought it'd just tell me that it needs to restore

Thanks all

Thanks