Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Biggest Iphone problem

Default Biggest Iphone problem
    Ok here is the full story.
    I got my Iphone 3GS 4 days ago on Firmware 4.3.3 and on the new bootrom. It was locked to AT&T but i wanted to unlock it so i can use my sim card. So i used a tutorial i found on youtube using Redsnow, i got my custome firmware 4.3.3 and installed cydia and also clicked the option to have the baseband change to unlock my pgone. So after it was complete i got Emergency calls only screen which in the guide i was on didnt say anything about that so i panic and went right into itunes and clicked restore and update (the sad part is apparently your supposed to get the emergency calls screen), while the update was happening Itunes got to then end where it processes the firmware and stopped, then my iphone got rite to the end and stopped and i got error coded 1013. I have tried using Tinyumerbella but it say there is nothing for my phone you are too late or whatever! but now TU wont even recognise my Iphone. I have used IFaith and it gets stuck on detecting IOS, i was going to use purple rain but for some reason i cant run it on windows xp because it was a file which i have an have put it in system 32. If i try to use my own firmwar on Itunes using 4.3.3 and restore i get Error code 3194 i think.

I downloaded firmware 4.3.4 and used redsnow to boot teathered on that firmware and it worked, but my phone says its on firmware 4.3.5 and also it keeps restarting every 5 mins or so.i dnt have any wifi, the option is there but i cnt select it and i cant seen to see my baseband cause its just blank, just trying to give all details. Also when the iphone restarts it goes to black screen with just the apple logo on it.
    PLEASE HELP.- Some advice i have had already is to use OPENSSH but i read the program and my understanding is that you need wifi which i dont have on my iphone.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You need to find out if you have any shsh before you can downgrade , use the latest version of tiny Umbrella to check it out.
    If you don't have shsh blob, you can still restore to stock 4.1 , error 1015 can be kick out by Exit recovery from TU.

O but TU wont recognise my Iphone for some reason and when i put the maual ECID in and click save SHSH it say nothing is compatible i am too late! Also downgrading i would do but im a noob and dont know what u mean about using TU to kick it out of recovery, i tried that when the problem started an it just restarted my phone an went in recovery again.

Thanks

how did you retrieve your ECID ? What is the status of your iPhone ?

Restore to stock 4.1 to make your iPhone bootable first or Do this if iPhone is not bootable ( long way if TU hasn't been used on this device
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Find Your iPhone ECID [Windows]
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-09-26 at 03:16 AM.

I got it by looking at a guide, i can go into my computer and manage my HUB and look at the device that way to get the ECID.

I can downgrade it, everytime i try to downgrade or upgrade i get error code, when i upgrade i ger error 1013, when down grade i get error 3914 or summit like that.

I can put my phone in various stages when i want to, i can have it show the restore loop screen, i can get the emergency calls only screen or i can actually get onto my phone but no wifi and no baseband at all oh and it also resets every 4 mins.

I got this phone like 3 week ago and im tempted to take it to apple and see if i can just get a new one, make up some bull **** story that i tried to upgrade and now i cant get out of a recover loop.

Thanks

No wifi and no baseband is bad, take it to apple store and have them restore , if they face the same problem, they will replace it with no further questions .

Yea i was gonna say that but do u think i should update it again so its in the recovery loop, so they cant find out it was jailbroken? Because it get rid of cydia and yoiu have to jailbreak again to boot tethered so if i leave it on recovery loop then shud be good.

Thanks

Leave it as recovery should be good, they are going to try restore anyway.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Crazyric88 (2011-09-28)

Ok cool sounds good, i would of liked to of figured this out coz iv read that alot of people had this problem but i mean most the dam programs im told to use wont boot on my p.c so no point trying any more unless i start using a msc os.