Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My Iphone 3gs Stuck in Dfu while jailbreaking

Default My Iphone 3gs Stuck in Dfu while jailbreaking
    i wanted to upgrade my 3gs iphone from 4.0.1 with base band 5.13.04 to THE NEW IOS 4.3.3 , with the same baseband.
    but after i was doing the restore thing in itunes , the iphone stuck in the dfu , and an error message appeared just after finishing restoring on the itunes (the iphone could not be restored 1600 error)

i have followed the steps here,
    http://techdeville.com/2011/05/22/ho...dles-included/

PLease Please help!!

Default My Iphone 3gs Stuck in Dfu while jailbreaking ..
    i wanted to upgrade my 3gs iphone from 4.0.1 with base band 5.13.04 to THE NEW IOS 4.3.3 , with the same baseband.
    but after i was doing the restore thing in itunes , the iphone stuck in the dfu , and an error message appeared just after finishing restoring on the itunes (the iphone could not be restored 1600 error)

i have followed the steps here,
    How To: Update to 4.3.3 on 3GS/4 Without Upgrading Baseband - Custom Firmware Bundles Included | TechDeville

PLease Please help!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

From the error 1600, it appears you're having difficulty entering DFU mode. A custom firmware requires pwn'd-DFU to restore.

To assure a fresh beginning, hold the power+home buttons for 6-8 seconds then release both. This will force a power off. If the phone is plugged in, you will hear a high-low USB disconnect sound and it will restart. That's perfect. Now start redsn0w and follow the count-down timer carefully. A success message should be displayed. Finish with the custom firmware restore w/iTunes.

Note1: Pwnage or Sn0wbreeze can create your own custom firmware. No reason to download one.
    Note2: 4.3.3 SHSH blobs and Tiny Umbrella + TSS server must be running before the iTunes restore.

Mes, i have tried what you've suggest with no luck,
    the problem whenever i want to be in the counter in the redsnow , it just doesnt wait it seems it catch it directly ....

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

When redsn0w 'doesnt wait' ... what message does it display at the very end?

This video may help entering DFU: iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode

it immediately start processing the into the progress of the DFU , "i mean i dont pass the steps to get into the DFU it just detected it in the first 3 seconds " and i have that black screen all the time the "Itunes recovery image doesnt show on my iphone at all'...

p.s i m not an iphone expert . what is the shsh blobs, i have download only the Tiny Umbrella as the video link have showed here

How To: Update to 4.3.3 on 3GS/4 Without Upgrading Baseband - Custom Firmware Bundles Included | TechDeville

thanks
    Last edited by sehweil; 2011-09-23 at 05:23 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Don't expect to see the recovery image. DFU is a black screen.

Here what I'ld like you to do:
    Open redsn0w, select the firmware, select 'just enter pwnd-dfu' mode ... then STOP. Don't press next just yet.

On the iPhone, hold both power and home buttons for 10 seconds.
    Release the power button and continue to hold (don't release) the home button for 15 seconds then release.

From redsn0w, press Next. It should 'take-off' (not wait) and display a success message.

Quote Originally Posted by sehweil View Post
    ...p.s i m not an iphone expert . what is the shsh blobs, i have download only the Tiny Umbrella as the video link have showed here ...
    Please read 'All About SHSH' and 'Tiny Umbrella Restores' from the links in my signature pane.
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-09-23 at 05:29 PM.

this is exactly what i have done before but the same results are when i try to restore with the itunes , i just choose the custome build and run the Tiny Umbrella , but in the end after it restores and telling me it is going to restart after a while it just send an error 1600 and nothing happens after that

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Your problem is ...before... getting to iTunes. Without proper DFU, it will never restore correctly.

Please review this .... these steps are not the same as others you have read.
    Here what I'ld like you to do:
    Open redsn0w, select the firmware, select 'just enter pwnd-dfu' mode ... then STOP. Don't press next just yet.

On the iPhone, hold both power and home buttons for 10 seconds.
    Release the power button and continue to hold (don't release) the home button for 15 seconds then release.

From redsn0w, press Next. It should 'take-off' (not wait) and display a success message.

i have just done your suggestion and it gave me the done! message in the redsnow.
    then i move to the itunes and it restores on the iphone as it says on the itunes and the broken ice appears on my iphone, but in the end it just keep in the black screen mode ,with no luck !
    So i will tell you what i do after the redsnow Done! message .:
    1- i run the Tiny Umbrella
    2- run itunes shift and restore
    3- choose the custome build for the iphone.
    and wait, and here apears my 1600 error message.

i have just done your suggestion and it gave me the done! message in the redsnow.
    then i move to the itunes and it restores on the iphone as it says on the itunes and the broken ice appears on my iphone, but in the end it just keep in the black screen mode ,with no luck !
    is any thing is missing here?

is any thing is missing here?
    Last edited by sehweil; 2011-09-23 at 06:02 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Not getting the phone into DFU is the problem.
    What is done after that does not matter because it will fail.

If there's a strange issue with your phone, allowing the battery to completely drain (or if you are skilled -- removing the battery for 10 seconds) may help. It will take 4 or 5 days to completely drain the battery.