Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dreamboard lock, Categories not working...what to do?

Default Dreamboard lock, Categories not working...what to do?
    Hello

I put a dreamboard theme on my iphone...now it wont let me go back to winterboard. I've tried respringing it..nothing. the dramboard icon at the bottom wont work.

I also am having problems with categories. I have the icons in folders, but they are still showing up on the main pages. I've tried the hide/unhide icons, but no avail. I actually unistalled categories and reinstalled it. Same problem.

Any suggestions?

frustrated in MASS!
    whats a girl to do!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

It seems odd having categories and Dreamboard on your iPhone. Categories is needed if your iOS is equal to 3.1.3 or earlier. On the otherhand , Dreamboard works on iOS 4 and categories is not needed and may not work on 3.xx fw.
    What is your idevice and firmware ?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

taylormaid (2011-09-23)

[QUOTE=iYeow;6245035]It seems odd having categories and Dreamboard on your iPhone. Categories is needed if your iOS is equal to 3.1.3 or earlier. On the otherhand , Dreamboard works on iOS 4 and categories is not needed and may not work on 3.xx fw.
    What is your idevice and firmware ?[/QUO

Iphone 4 with 4.3.5

I'm not very saavy with all of this. should I delete categories? I cant find cydia in the program list. Can I create folders with dreamboard?

Thanks for your help
    whats a girl to do!

Thanks

What jailbreak did you use ?
    Not sure if you create a folder in Dreamboard but iOS 4.xx already has the feature by simply putting icon into wiggle and draging in the icon .

Dreamboard version 1.1.4 works up to 4.3.3 and may not be compatible or has not been updated to be compatible with 4.3.5
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-09-23 at 05:38 AM.

redsn0w_win_0.9.8b4

How can I delete dreamboard? I cant find cydia anymore. I was using categories basically because I could put an unlimited amt of apps under one file category.

Thanks for your help

Clair
    whats a girl to do!

Thanks

Restore to 4.3.5 again and jailbreak with redsnow 0.9.9 b1 , setup as new iPhone. Contacts , photos , video can always be synced back.

if you purchase folderenhancer, you can put unlimited apps in there too, you can even put folders into folders

thanks Yeow. Tried doing it at work, but system security here wont let me...crashed phone yet again. I'll try it when I get home. Thank you for your help

clair
    whats a girl to do!

Thanks

You are welcome

10. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

taylormaid (2011-09-23)