Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I need some help!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default I need some help!!
    Hi there every1 im having a huge problem with my iphone 3gs

i recently purchased a 16gb iphone 3gs online now the phone was jailbroken and running 4.3.3 software but when i bought it the person had left all there information still on the phone so i wanted to do a full restore and upgrade TO 4.3.5 and just run a non modded iphone but it wasnt that simple...During the restore almost at the end i got a error 1015 so i ran the restore a few more times and still the same thing..SO i did some research and i found that the phone was put into a dfu loop mode. This is where i spent at least 7 hours trying to get this thing running.. First i downloaded tinyumbrella. then i reb. then sn0wbreeze and then redsn0w, fixrecovery(all proper versions). so i ran sn0wbreze made a custom 4.3.3 software put it in the dfu mode instructions. then i ran tinyumbrella and started the tss then i opened itunes and did a shift restore with the custom 4.3.3 software....after many error codes from 21,28,37,1600,1601,1602,3194 and so on i finally got the software to work on the phone but after it was done the screen just turned black. so then i thought i would run the fixrecovery and it was running on the phone and doing its thing but when it was finished the phone just shut off to a black screen once again. so then i ran redsn0w picked the stock ipsw 4.3.3 everything went fine it jailbroke everything was running then the phone did a black screen at the end of the jailbreak again.. so i went back through it and found a thing that said just booth tethered now so i did that and the phone worked perfectly turned on and everything and i used it for about 2 hours putting all my stuff on there and i also updated cydia and had to do a reboot now this is where the story gets screwed. i used the just boot tethered a few times and it worked perfectly. so i put the phone in my pocket and puled it out about 10 minutes later and the screen was just black so i tried to boot it into redns0w tethered again but the phone kept getting stuck on waiting on reboot.. so i opened itunes and i tried to do a restore back to custom 4.3.3 like i did before and now its just stuck on spinning on preparing iphone for restore. so i turned the tinyumbrella off and tried to do a normal restore to 4.3.5 to see if i could get the error 1015 again but it keeps saying the couldnt connect to the server pls try again blah blah blah. and also when i plug the phone in nothing comes up no sound to tell you its connected nothing its just sitting with a black screen tried to run fixrecovery boots to the end but nothing comes on the iphone screen itself

I KNOW THIS IS A LONG POST BUT PLEASE SOMBODY HAS GOT TO HELP ME I JUST PAID 300$ FOR THIS PHONE AND IM SO FURIOUS ITS BEYOND BELIEVE

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

In your tiny umbrella,under general tab , do you see 4.3.3 blob

You need 4.3.3 blob if you want to restore to custom firmware. You have the iPad Baseband so you can restore to stock fw of equal or greater than 4.2.1. However you can restore to stock 4.1 and use exit recovery from Tiny umbrella to kick out error 1015 and jailbreak with Limerain.
    Once your iPhone is up, run TU and request shsh from cydia .
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-09-20 at 09:13 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    In your tiny umbrella,under general tab , do you see 4.3.3 blob

You need 4.3.3 blob if you want to restore to custom firmware. You have the iPad Baseband so you can restore to stock fw of equal or greater than 4.2.1. However you can restore to stock 4.1 and use exit recovery from Tiny umbrella to kick out error 1015 and jailbreak with Limerain.
    Once your iPhone is up, run TU and request shsh from cydia .
    there is no blob i had the phone running tethered for like 2 hours the basband at the time 6.15.00 i had ultrasn0w downloaded and unlocked as well i never tried the 4.1 because the shsh crap every1 was saying i really dont know what to do im stuck phone is completly black doesnt seem like its connecting to the computer so i changed comps and now i keep getting a 1601 error while trying to download 4.3.5

and i also tried to restore to 4.1 but i keep getting a error 21 or 28 or 37 and now a error 1600 and 1601
    Last edited by bradysmith69; 2011-09-20 at 09:41 PM.

Thanks

You probably messed it up . You should just start over , put iPhone into normal dfu and restore to stock 4.1. Use a different pc if possible or reboot your pc and start all over.

Restoring to 4.1 does not require TU cos you are verifying with apple server as apple resigns back 4.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You probably messed it up . You should just start over , put iPhone into normal dfu and restore to stock 4.1. Use a different pc if possible or reboot your pc and start all over.

Restoring to 4.1 does not require TU cos you are verifying with apple server as apple resigns back 4.1
    ok now i downloaded the 4.1 os on another computer witch i am currently on i put the phone into dfu mode (i think) it connected to itunes saying in recovery mode tried the shift restore and i got a error 28 i did a little looking around and the error 28 could be from a bad usb cable so i changed it out and tried again and now i got a device could not be found error

Thanks

You may have to remove battery source from logic board for 10 mins for it to reset to factory settings if all attempts failed .

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You may have to remove battery source from logic board for 10 mins for it to reset to factory settings if all attempts failed .
    i think i might have to im scared to do it but i guess i have to i dont really know how to do this lol is there anyway that you could tell me how?

Thanks

Turn on the iphone , let the battery drains out completely and try again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Turn on the iphone , let the battery drains out completely and try again.
    Thank you so much for all your help I got the phone apart followed your steps iTunes worked perfectly had a little problem with tiny umbrella but got it to work and same with limera1n jailbroke it it's running perfect but theres no cydia icon on the phone but I don't really care lol it's working and I'm usein it right now SO HAPPY!!!!!

Thanks

Glad you got it working , I think you can run Limerain again to bring back cydia.