Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Really Stubborn 1015 error

Question Really Stubborn 1015 error
    Hi Guys,

I'm a long time reader first time poster (i've usually been able to find solutions from reading this forum)

I have an iPhone 3Gs with iOS 4.1

I recently installed the iPad baseband on it for a friend via redsn0w. The baseband installed fine but when I rebooted the
    device i was faced with the dreaded connect to itunes screen. I connected to itunes and tried a shift restore but started getting 1015 errors.

here's what I have tried:

1. tried restoring in DFU mode - didn't fix it

2. tired using iReb after error 1015 - ireb reboots the device, apple logo comes up, the device seems to then reboot again onit's own and back to "connect to itunes" screen

3. tried using fixrecovery43 - after all the writing finished on screen, it briefly says something about "successful" and reboots only to arrive back at the "connect to itunes screen"

4. tried using limerain - limerain says succesfull - but device just reboots to "connect to itunes" screen

5. tired redsn0w - same story

I have never had as stubborn a 1015 error as this before. this is really starting to annoy me.

All help will be much appreciated

thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You should use Exit recovery from Tiny Umbrella to kick out error 1015 at IOS 4.1.
    Do a restore to 4.1 again and use that to kick it out.

hi there,

thanks for the reply,

when i try to use tiny umbrella, it reboots the phone then i see the apple logo for a bit longer then usuall, then the phone goes off again, then it turns on again and im back at the "connect to itunes" screen

Thanks

Restore again and see if it does the same thing.
    Just verify blob with iTunes not TSS server for 4.1 restore

ok tired that and now it gives "error 1656" (which i have never even seen before)

I'm still at that screen (haven't even pressed ok)

I'll wait to see what you think

cheers

Thanks

I dont know and have never seen such error. Do a reboot of your pc or use a different pc.

ok i tried all that last night and still back to 1015 errors,

tiny umbrella lists the device as "invalid" is it possible I actually bricked it? I heard it's next to impossible to proper brick one