Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: a little stuck

hi people bought a like new iphone 3gs today as my other one was dropped in the bath anyway booted it up and noticed its on 4.0 so i jailbroke and unlocked it then saved my shsh blobs now heres the thing i only have 4.1 and 4.3.5 blobs which is fine i also checked to see which bootrom it has and its the old boot but now id like to update it to 4.1 and preserve my baseband is it just a case of creating a custom ipsw using sn0wbreeze and updating it or do i have to do anything more any help is much apreciated as i really dnt wanna lose my unlock

up to the top
    Last edited by toonarmy85; 2011-09-14 at 10:47 PM.

can any1 help really wanna get cracking on this

thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Then go ahead and create and restore to cfw of 4.1 to preserve your Baseband, you shouldn’t face any major problems.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

toonarmy85 (2011-09-15)

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Then go ahead and create and restore to cfw of 4.1 to preserve your Baseband, you shouldn’t face any major problems.

thanks for the response buddy y i asked is coz newer ios's u needed to use the preserve baseband option in sn0wbreeze but with sn0wbreeze 2.1 there isnt the option so is it automatically configured to not update the baseband or something

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Custom firmware will never update your baseband .

lol after owning several apple devices i should have knew that never the less i do now thanks to you