Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I Restore iPhone to the same firmware its on without SHSH's?

Default Can I Restore iPhone to the same firmware its on without SHSH's?
    I got my phone replaced at the apple store last week and luckily they gave me a refurbished one that's on 4.3.3. I jailbroke up right as I walked out (hehe) through jailbreakme.com. the jailbreak went fine and everything and I'm loving my untethered jailbreak but the problem is is that I actually just restored my mac to factory settings to reinstall Lion but now when i sync my iphone its telling me, I have to erase everything, blah blah blah, in order to sync it. My question is, would i be able to restore my iphone to 4.3.3 without any issues since its already on 4.3.3 also for FYI, cydia doesnt have my shsh for 4.3.3 only for 4.3.5

thanks in advance guys

Just download tinyumbrella and save your shsh blobs

i cant because cydia doesnt have my shsh blobs for 4.3.3 or 4.3.4 since i got the phone directly from apple on 4.3.3 after 4.3.5 has been out.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If you phone is .... working now ..... you can use iFaith to get your 'current' version SHSH blobs.

Then in the future .... you can restore to it

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

MrDEWSH (2011-09-14)

no effing way!! thanks man. u saved my life

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You're welcome.

Use the latest version. ... and ... it must be jailbroken first ;D

most definitely. thanks. funny thing is, is when i took my iphone to apple, it was jailbroken on 4.3.5. and since home button wasnt working, all their diagnostic procedures were failing so they gave me a replacement and when i checked the firmware version it was on 4.3.3!! i was so happy and i jailbroke it right as i walked out on jailbreakme.com lol

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Good show. We get lucky sometimes
    iFaith takes a few minutes to do it's thing. I used it on a 3GS 4.2.1 with no blobs a month ago. Success!

Can you restore a jailbroken iphone 4 with "Erase all content and settings" under setting? If it can be done then you still have 4.3.3 IOS after you reactivate the phone.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^^^ No. It will likely never finish and require a restore. Don't use it !!