Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken, but a slight issue?

Question Jailbroken, but a slight issue?
    Hey guys!

So i was on 4.3.5 and i got fed up of the tethered jailbreak (kept letting the battery get too low) so i got TinyUmbrella to retrieve 4.3.3 blobs and i downgraded. I didnt want to go through the long phase of downloading an IPSW and then Sn0wbreeze/etc... so i went to the jailbreakme website and got cydia installed as well as some utilities/themes. I've however noticed a slight issue and wish to know if its just me, or whether other people experience this issue too, or whether its just normal and there's nothing to worry about

When the springboard needs to be resprung for any reason, the apple logo appears (as if my iPhone has just been turned on) and a spinner appears, when the springboard has resprung the spinner is still there and spinning? It goes away if i move pages (to the next page of apps), also when my phone is switched on the apple logo appears for about 30seconds and then vanishes and im left with a blank screen for about 20seconds before my iPhone is fully booted, is this normal?

Heres a video if you wanna see;

Any information is appreciated.

Edit: Oops! Looks like i didnt remove the end of the video, feel free to ignore it. :P
    Last edited by user1690; 2011-09-13 at 08:30 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

This isn't normal , restore again and use the latest version of redsnow 0.9.8 b7b

Damn it. Alright i will do so, but if i may ask, what exactly has gone wrong with my JB if this isnt normal?

Edit: I cant JB with redsnow, all i get is "UNEXPECTED ERROR!". So i launched VMWare Fusion, booted windows and got sn0wbreeze to create a IPSW for me, i then restored with that and the issues i mentioned before appear to have just gone

I will restore all my apps/etc and re-edit to confirm if issue is truely gone ^.^
    Last edited by user1690; 2011-09-13 at 10:01 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Ok, restoring to cfw of 4.3.3 should be good.

Restored all my apps, and any themes/utilities i wanted, everything seems to be good

Dont know what went wrong with the jailbreakme website JB i did, regardless problem was solved with a custom IPSW restore.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Its common to see bugs with users who use jailbreakme. The bugs may vary but they exist nonetheless