Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock iPhone to carrier HELP!! VERY STRANGE ONE!

Hi all, I have a very strange issue here...

One of the iPhones I purchased (some of you may know I run a repairs shop) one of the phones I purchased was goosed!... I've fixed it all up and got to the activate screen so I thought right ok, 02 sim card... nothing!, T-Mobile sim card... nothing, Orange sim and YAY the phone activates and everything is set up as a new phone...

Now my issue is, I was having a issue with the dock so I replaced it fine, not a problem... (it was saying no service) I've since put the new dock in and it's recognised the carrier as Orange (it shows the writing Orange) and the wifi symbol.

Strangely there are no bars on the top left of the phone however if I try to open the internet then it's recognising I have no credit on this SIM and it's directing me to Orange saying it can't open the address.

I've done a bit of research and I noticed a few people had these problems... one person actually fixed this by using "Mobile Terminal and SBSettings" on the phone and running "yellowsn0w" however when I run the commands "yellowsn0w -c" and "yellowsn0w -Q" it's saying there are no such commands.

This mobile has a buyer already and it's going to France to be placed on a Orange (France) SIM but the guy would like it jailbroken etc first.

How can I unlock the phone after redsn0w has jailbroken the phone... if I can unlock the phone to all the other networks then I can test other SIM's and make sure it's 100% working.

Thanks people.

Also guys - I have put the logicboard into other 100% working phones and this still has the same issue which would imply this is a software issue.

Any help I would greatly appreciate!

Thanks
    Last edited by ChrisBR; 2011-09-13 at 07:05 PM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Depends on the firmware version and baseband, and what iphone.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

FYI: Yellowsn0w unlocks pre-iOS 3.x. Ultrasn0w unlocks a few basebands on iOS 3.0 and above