Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I update a 3GS with 6.15 Baseband, no SHSH blobs and stuck in Recovery loop?

Default How do I update a 3GS with 6.15 Baseband, no SHSH blobs and stuck in Recovery loop?
    Initial problem solved.

My problem now is that even though I managed to downgrade my iPhone to 4.1 I still do not have any reception.
    I have tried a Vodafon and Orange SIM card but neither work.
    When I use the Orange SIM I just get "No service", when I use the Vodafone one I get "Vodafone UK" in the top left but no reception and if I try to call anyone I instantly get "Call failed" and the only thing I can hear are 3 short beeps.

I have up to now tried the following:

1. Installed ultrasn0w and reinstalled it several times.
    2. Tried the airplane mode "trick"
    3. Installed the Carrier Reset Fix
    4. Rebooted and restored the phone.
    5. Downgraded to 4.1

Does anyone know what else I could do?
    Also. According to my iPhones Model number, my iPhone is an O2 UK phone. Does this mean if I get my self an O2 prepaid SIM card I should be able to use my phone with out unlocking it?

Thank you!
    Last edited by cheesus182; 2011-09-10 at 08:11 PM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I didn't realize there were custom firmwares available for 4.3.5. I'd imagine even if there were they wouldn't be bug-free.

You shouldn't be getting error 1015 If you're using a custom fw. If you put it into pwned DFU before doing the restore you shouldn't get any error. If you did not put into DFU you'd get error 16xx. So I'm curious as to if you're actually using a standard stock firmware then.

4.3.5 is not a fw you want to be on. You can downgrade to 4.1 without SHSHs which is my suggestion. Create (not download) a custom 4.1 firmware with Sn0wbreeze (Win) or PwnageTool (Mac). Use the jb tool's option of setting into pwned DFU, open iTunes and shift(option on Mac) +restore to the cFW.

Ok I will go with your suggestion.
    But when you say "create, do not download." I still have to download a stock 4.1 firmware and then use sn0wbreeze correct?
    Im just making sure...i need to get it right this time

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Yes you'll still need a stock 4.1 ipsw. And make sure you download the right version of sn0wbreeze. I think it's 2.1

Ok.
    So far I have managed to downgrade my iPhone to 4.1 but I continue to have "No Service."
    Does anyone know a solution for this?
    Thanks!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Ultrasn0w is installed?

Yes first thing done!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

In rare cases, reinstalling the iPad BB fix this.

:/ Sadly enough ive tried that too...

Also- don't forget to uncheck the activate.... Use official (AT&T here in US) sim card. The activation will cause this problem often. if you hactivated, just re-do the restore, the same way, with the exception of checking activate. And MES is right- also a great suggestion.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

How long have you let the phone sit after installing Ultrasn0w, and rebooting at least twice? Sometimes it can take a few minutes for Ultrasn0w to pick up signal. I had done work on an iPhone 3G that took 15 minutes to pick up signal after installing Ultrasn0w.

Ive left approx a day between both.
    So what Murseman is saying is that I should restore my phone and deactivate it?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Typically I don't think hacktivation has any effect on the unlock, but it wouldn't hurt to try. All you really have to do to reverse the side effects of hacktivation is to install SAM from Cydia. I'll pull up a guide for SAM for you in a minute.

iClarified - iPhone - How to Hactivation Your iPhone Using Subscriber Artificial Module (SAM)

I followed all steps but still no reception...
    I also restarted my phone and waited about 20 minutes
    Last edited by cheesus182; 2011-09-10 at 10:02 PM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Did you happen to restore from a backup?

No I didnt this time.
    I did the first time but this time I just restored and set up my phone as a new iPhone...
    Man this cant be, how can suddenly my reception be broken?

Second question.
    I checked with my iPhones model number and according to the internet my iPhone is an O2 UK phone.
    So if I get an O2 SIM card could it work even with out unlocking my phone?

Thanks!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

If it is locked to O2 then yes you should be able to use an O2 SIM without an unlock. Test your SIMs in another device maybe?

They both work in other devices. Its deffinately my phone which is really bugging me right now...
    Will that even work with a prepaid O2 simcard?

Still, is there anything else I could do, do get back my reception. I would much rather use an Orange SIM since the contracts are better and apparently coverage is better too..

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Yes it should be able to work with a prepaid as well. I can't think of much you can do if you're not getting reception off the carriers you want to use. I mean you've done it all, you've restored, set up as new, reinstalled the iPad baseband, let it sit for a day, etc. I'm running out of ideas.

The best advice I can give to you as of now is to just try again and again with everything you've already done. Sometimes, nothing much can be done except be persistent and that's what I tell a lot of people. Many of them, after countless tries, achieve what they wanted to by doing it over and over again (just as long as what you're doing is the correct method )

Hmmm well I guess its worth a try since seemingly there is really nothing else I can do.

Alright, well I want to thank you very much for your help even though it may not have solved my problem it was still very kind of you to try!
    Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast