Results 1 to 10 of 10

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: JB iphone 4?

  1. #1
    Default JB iphone 4?
    hi im about to buy one, is it possible to jb them?

  2. #2
    Retired Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,023
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    As long as it has 4.3.3 or lower yes you can

  3. #3
    what if it wasnt?, would i have to wait untill the next JB or it's just impossible to have jb because apple would have become smart all of a sudden

  4. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me jdewinnaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    945
    Thanks
    254
    Thanked 1,073 Times in 514 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by paaascal View Post
    what if it wasnt?, would i have to wait untill the next JB or it's just impossible to have jb because apple would have become smart all of a sudden
    You can still jailbreak the latest firmware( 4.3.5), but it's tethered, so you will have to connect you phone to your pc everytime you reboot. It sounds much worse than it really is.. I've been jailbroken on 4.3.5 for a week now and I'm not even feeling it at all, rather tethered jailbreak than no jailbreak at all...

  5. #5
    Retired Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,023
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Yes this is true sorry bout that head not here today. But yes tehtered is fine just need to be careful don't dl in tweaks away from ya phone just in case ya need to boot it. Other than that no difference

  6. #6
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    16,904
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    The fact that it's tethered isn't the only issue. It's quite a buggy jailbreak and many things in Cydia are not compatible.

    It's probably better off stock 4.3.5 if that's what it comes with.

    If it were me, I'd just wait for iOS 5 and the new jb. Shouldn't be too long from now, hopefully.

  7. #7
    My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    980
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 93 Times in 92 Posts

    +1 to Annie

  8. #8
    My iPhone is a Part of Me jdewinnaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    945
    Thanks
    254
    Thanked 1,073 Times in 514 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    The fact that it's tethered isn't the only issue. It's quite a buggy jailbreak and many things in Cydia are not compatible.

    It's probably better off stock 4.3.5 if that's what it comes with.

    If it were me, I'd just wait for iOS 5 and the new jb. Shouldn't be too long from now, hopefully.
    -1 to Annie..

    No iPhone is ever better off stock!!

    Seriously tho, I'm on 4.3.5 jailbroken with Redsnow and all my cydia apps work flawlessly, which is alot of them..

    Maybe I'm just lucky...

  9. #9
    Retired Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,023
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    So people git lucky guess you one of them when I bought my wife's phone she had 4.3.4 and I jb it she had nothing but problems.

  10. #10
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    16,904
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jdewinnaar View Post
    -1 to Annie..

    No iPhone is ever better off stock!!

    Seriously tho, I'm on 4.3.5 jailbroken with Redsnow and all my cydia apps work flawlessly, which is alot of them..

    Maybe I'm just lucky...
    Oh you're very much entitled to your opinion, but I'd have to -1 you not everybody likes a tethered jailbreak and there's truth to my previous statement. Not everybody gets off not having issues with a jailbreak that wasn't perfected or near perfected.

    Personal opinion, I could live without a jailbreak, but if it's available in a stable form the way I like it I'll use it. Point being, if you can't enjoy an iPhone without a jailbreak, you're underappreciating the technology.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •