Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP: how to exit the "slide for emergency/emergency call/plug to Itunes logo" mode

Default HELP: how to exit the "slide for emergency/emergency call/plug to Itunes logo" mode
    First of all, I am new with this jailbreak thing, and everything I have done is following experts, probably without being aware of what’s actually happen. Anyways, here’s my story: I restored my Iphone 3GS to stock 4.1 firmware, using Redsn0w b6.

Everything was going well, but when it got to the Installing Activation Bundle phase (the one with the pineapple), the Iphone froze. I checked on youtube and I managed to fix this 'Installing Activation Bundle Freeze', but now my iphone is in this "slide for emergency/emergency call/plug to itunes Logo" phase. It also says: “RESTORE NEEDED Iphone cannot make or receive calls. Restore from Itunes. www.apple.com/support”

When I plug it to Itunes, the error I get is "There is no SIM card installed in the iphone you are attempting to activate" and the iphone is still stuck on the connect to itunes screen, it says no service in top left corner and swiping to unlock only allows me to make emergency calls.

Ps: I am in Colombia right now. I bought the Iphone in the USA. I'm trying to unlock this Iphone so I can use a Colombian SimCArd. That’s pretty much what I need. I pretty much want to make calls in Colombia with my Iphone, that’s all!

Please help!! What can I do now?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Start over with a fresh 4.1 restore.
    If iTunes reports error 10xx, use Tiny Umbrella 'exit recovery' (not fix recovery).
    Jailbreak and activate w/redsn0w.

If any other iTunes error or if 'exit recovery' is not available --- the restore was not successful.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

jclozada (2011-09-10)

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Start over with a fresh 4.1 restore.
    If iTunes reports error 10xx, use Tiny Umbrella 'exit recovery' (not fix recovery).
    Jailbreak and activate w/redsn0w.

If any other iTunes error or if 'exit recovery' is not available --- the restore was not successful.
    I used TU, but it fails everytime. It shows a NUMBER under "recovery devices" (I suppose that number is my iphone, right?) I hit "exit recovery" and under the LOG said: sending recovery request to XXXXXXXXXX (I suppose that's my iphone) and inmediately says "Recovery Device Disconnected: null" After aprox. 2 minutes it said: "recovery device connected". I hit exit recovery again, and it happens the same: sending recovery request to XXXXXXXXXX and inmediately says Recovery Device Disconnected: null.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Force power-off the phone (Power + Home buttons for 6-8 seconds)
    A high-low sound should be heard on the computer.

Use redsn0w 0.9.6rc8, select iOS 4.1 firmware, select one (1) option: 'enter pwnd-DFU mode'
    .... follow the count-down timer carefully and enter pwnd-DFU mode

Restore 4.1 with iTunes
    If iTunes Error 10xx, use TU 'exit recovery'

Jailbreak w/redsn0w.

Note: Tiny Umbrella should not be used when restoring 4.1, Use after a 10xx iTunes error
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-09-06 at 09:50 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

jclozada (2011-09-10)

Hi there!!
    IT WORKED!!! I didn't do the option enter pwnd-DFU mode. I just started over with a fresh 4.1. restore and IT WORKED! Now, I have my Iphone the way I got it, with all the applications and stuff (messages, calendar, photos, camera, etc)

I feel like like I am starting from scratch.

Now, Iphone cannot make or receive calls. WHAT SHOULD I DO? It hasn't recognized my simcard (it says: searching...) How can I unlock it so I can use my simcard?

Thank you for ALL your help!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Congratulations. First step complete.
    What do you have here:
    Settings / General / About / Version
    Settings / General / About / Modem Firmware:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

jclozada (2011-09-10)

** A NEW ISSUE: iPhone displays the Restore Needed message -I phone cannot make calls or receive calls. After that, it restarts automatically. What can i do now?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Use my instructions in post #4
    Download everything fresh .. start from scratch

What do you have here:

Settings / General / About / Version: 4.1 (8B117)
    Settings / General / About / Modem Firmware: It doesn't say anything under Modem Firmware.

It's still restarting automatically (off and on! every 5 minutes-ish)

Hi
    Thank you for everything.
    I did what you said in post #4 (enter pwnd-DFU mode)

1. I used redsn0w 0.9.6rc8, selected iOS 4.1 firmware, selected one (1) option: 'enter pwnd-DFU mode'

2. I restored 4.1 with iTunes

3. Error 1013 appeared, used TU 'exit recovery'

I think it worked, as my Iphone is in the "Emergency calls only" mode. Now, you said I need to Jailbreak w/redsn0w.
    Since I dowloaded Redsn0w twice, what version should I use? Another question:
    What options do I have to select now when running Redsn0w, so I can use my Iphone and make calls in Colombia????

SAME ISSUE persists: My Iphone is still restarting after 5 minutes-ish. It's on, and automatically is off, and then on again. After 5minutes is off again and restarts..... omg, what an Iphone!!

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by jclozada; 2011-09-07 at 05:10 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No reason to think about calls. A major problem exists with the 5-minute reboots.
    Were there any iTunes Errors?

The only error I can think of was the one that said that the Iphone couldn't be restored (1013), but I exited recovery on TU

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

1013 Error is expected and ok. TU is the perfect fix.

Honestly, I have no idea why it re-boots. It sounds like a lockdown issue, but that does not exist in a new phone.
    Does it reboot every 5 minutes BEFORE jailbreaking?

It didn't reboot before jailbreaking

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Test it for a day or two as stock, before jailbreaking. Make sure no problem. ok?

One more thing, the only redsn0w option 'after' the restore should be 'install Cydia'.

ok, thanks.

I will get back to this thread on thursday night. Thank you for all your help!!!!
    This is very sad
    Last edited by jclozada; 2011-09-07 at 05:38 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You're welcome.

Someone will be waiting to help. Myself included

Hi again,

it seems the rebooting has stopped.
    i will do the jailbreak, checking only "cydia" option...

then what?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Before jailbreaking, Use F0recast and to very old or new bootrom.

If it's reliable after jb'ing and before anything else --- good.

where can i find f0recast?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Here you go: iH8sn0w.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast