Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can not access DFU > infinity Loop > Recovery Horror....!

Default Can not access DFU > infinity Loop > Recovery Horror....!
    Dear all,

2 months after I successfully JB and used my iPhone4 using Cydia & GreenPois0n, I found my iPhone on a morning, powered-off & dead...... Weird as I left it with a 38% battery-state, so that was strange behavior. I hooked it on my Notebook and HORROR:
    iTunes detected an iPhone in Recovery-mode and tried to restore it. I successfully restored a friends default iPhone before, so I was familiar with the steps. In my case, the iPhone can not find the iPhone boot-loader and can not break out of the infinite Loop and starts the Full-Package over again and again....

Like this;
    If not connected, the iPhone will NOT boot and can only be powered-on by connecting the USB-cable plugged into the notebook. (Read; No Cable = No Power)
    When plugged-in; iTunes initiates and starts the recovery > Now the countdown of the Progress-bar (on page-top) in the iTunes-Software looks fine but the last final steps (after 12 Minutes), it quits the recovery with an error.

Google the error(s) > all point to "recovery in DFU" which I can NOT access as it can only power-up the iPhone if it is USB-wired.
    I can not even get in DFU as the combination _10 sec. Power + Home button_ does not function (!) so none of the articles I googled (all DFU-related) could be of further assistance.

Next;
    Another approach > TinyUmbrella + ipsw.iso
    After starting TinyUmbrella, it immediately pops-up a warning as attached below.

-tu.png-tu1.png

So my problem in one line:

<<<<< I Can NOT DFU and restore using iTunes and have no batterie-power if not connected and TinyUmbrella sayz: blablabla as seen in the screen-shots >>>>>

Nice to know; when USB-connected, the iPhone boots every 3 minutes ending dead (Read; Never-ending-story-Loop).

Has anyone experienced something like this and/or does someone know how to fix this issue?
    That would be cool!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Egelze; 2011-09-06 at 01:22 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If the iPhone requires power to do anything, it's got a hardware problem. Without power applied, holding the power + home buttons will show something, usually a short flash before powering off.

Default indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    If the iPhone requires power to do anything, it's got a hardware problem. Without power applied, holding the power + home buttons will show something, usually a short flash before powering off.
    Obvious something really went wrong with this Device and yes, I may conclude/assume that this is caused due to HW-problems.