Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3gs Stuck at Apple boot logo (spinning lined ball of death) 4.2.1 & 4.3.5

Default iPhone 3gs Stuck at Apple boot logo (spinning lined ball of death) 4.2.1 & 4.3.5
    So i've been derping around for two days without my iPhone and it feels gross man.
    I haven't done made any changes to any internal files for over 6 months after finally fixing my iPhone for the 3rd time (broken LCD) and after turning it off two nights ago, my iPhone wakes up with a greenp0ison'd skull stuck on the screen.

I've tried to restore to 4.3.1 by using tinyumbrella & itunes (tiny to set up the TSS server) and I've had no luck with that.. Ended up getting 3xxx errors and fixed it by setting down cydia settings in TU..

That failed, so I updated to the newest firmware available at the moment (4.3.5) and even with a CFW 4.3.5 I am still getting this stuck boot logo.

Glanced at the stickied thread for the stuck boot logo and It's a bit old so I don't know if any of that stuff still applies to new iPhones. Scared a bit to mess around with things I don't understand.

Help would be appreciated, I need the phone back for tomrrow.. can't be in college without a phone.

Thanks in advance everyone (:
    Last edited by chubakakid; 2011-09-05 at 10:28 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If you don't have an SHSH blob for the specific version, TU + TSS server won't help.
    4.1 is available from Apple today .... free

I have SHSH Blobs for every firmware from 3.1.2~4.3.5

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Error 3194 is returned because TU+TSS server did not supply the SHSH blobs (or the SHSH blobs were corrupt) to iTunes when requested.

This occurs because something in the computer is interfering with TSS server. Did TU report the TSS server was running?

Im not recieving a 3194 error anymore, as a matter of fact, I don't have any error messages. iTunes reports the software to be upgraded successfully to 4.3.5.

It's just that each time I perform a hard reset the apple logo comes up, 2/3 mins later the spinning starts.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If you've successfully restored to 4.3.5 and still having problems..... I would take it to Apple for repair/replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by chubakakid View Post
    ....It's just that each time I perform a hard reset the apple logo comes up, 2/3 mins later the spinning starts.
    Why are you doing a hard reset?
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-09-05 at 10:27 PM.

Thats annoying.. I don't think apple will service my iPhone lol, i've been out of warranty since december of last year + I have "water" damage.

Blehh

thanks for the help Mes (:

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

That's unfortunate. Software won't fix a hardware problem.

Take care and good luck.

Default Fix!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    That's unfortunate. Software won't fix a hardware problem.

Take care and good luck.
    Ended up finding a fix.. I read up on one of your posts that a user faced a similar situation, in where iTunes was able to perfectly recognize and make modifications to the iPhone (Sync/update conacts, add songs etc) but not able to return to the lock screen and showing a spinning apple logo.

It turns out that if you happen to have a spare iphone screen lying around (like I did) ((doesnt have to be in working condition)) just swap out the complete LCD panel for the 3gs and power on the device (while plugged in) until you hear the iPhone connect sound.

This sound is the indicator that the iPhone was able to successfully boot.
    If you have a perfectly fine LCD then you'll probably see the Lock screen by then.

If need be, swap back the screens and viola, your iPhone will boot back to normal.

It kind of sucks that I found this out after 9 attemps at restoring and freaking out about it.

As it turns out Mes, I ended up reading this the day before I fixed the screen.. And it looks like the person was seeking you for assistance and 'miraculously' had his phone working again (:

haha I've had the phone working for 2 days now turned off and on without a problem.

<3 Thanks for the aid Mes

Also, I was able to isolate the problem and it appears that the 3rd ribbon cable is the one causing this little complication (The iPhone proximity sensor and telephone speaker cable)

Good luck everyone, and if you happen to be out of warranty like my ***, I hope this solution works for you.