Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help please? iphone 3gs stuck in recovery mode

Default help please? iphone 3gs stuck in recovery mode
    been googling for the last 5 hours and trying as much as i know with no luck.
    basically my girlfriend has a 3gs which was locked to orange . she took it to the local market who jailbroke and unlocked it . phone has been fine but she eventually decided she wanted to go back on her orange network. she never used cydia so asked if i could take it off. i was told if i updated the phone through itunes the jailbreak would be removed along with the unlock.
    i updated through itunes this morning and the iphone is stuck in recovery mode . ive tried resetting , ireb, and tiny umbrella to kick it out but it just returns to recovery mode.
    ive also had it in dfu mode and tried installing some custom ipsw packages but none work. error 3194 seems to pop up alot along with i think 1015?....
    seems like theres no software on the phone what so ever and it wont take anything i try.

worse thing is i have no idea what the firmware was when it was unlocked at the market or the baseband...

im not that clued up with iphones but i can follow instrustions well .

please help before my head explodes

thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

First thing is find which iOS versions you can restore. Being in DFU mode now, Tiny Umbrella may not see your device? But check anyway.....

Use Tiny Umbrella to check which SHSH blobs are available?

SHSH blobs are required to restore any non-current iOS (except 3GS 4.1).
    Download and run Tiny Umbrella (link below, post #1), advanced tab,
    ... check 'set Hosts to Cydia', Save SHSH, give it a min to finish;
    ... uncheck 'set Hosts to Cydia', Save SHSH, give it a min to finish.
    ... In the General tab, what SHSH blobs are displayed?

While you're waiting, re-read post #1 in the Tiny Umbrella link for valuable info.

If TU doesn't work, what computer do you have?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You may have ipad baseband already installed. You can only restore to stock 4.1 if you don't want jailbreak. Use Exit recovery to kick out error 1015 and use Orange sim to activate iphone.

Once your iphone is working, check your baseband, pretty sure is 6.15.xx

Note : You have to put iphone into dfu mode before downgrading back to stock 4.1
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-09-05 at 09:16 PM.

tiny umbrella wouldnt work....
    however using redsnow i managed to load a custom 4.3.3 ipsw i found and the phone has come back to life however now it has no network showing . should say orange but nothing at all just one bar of signal.
    its showing 4.3.3 which i think the phone may have originally been on before the unlock, and baseband is 06.15.00 ...

any sugestions?

thanks

tiny umbrella wouldnt work....
    however using redsnow i managed to load a custom 4.3.3 ipsw i found and the phone has come back to life however now it has no network showing . should say orange but nothing at all just one bar of signal.
    its showing 4.3.3 which i think the phone may have originally been on before the unlock, and baseband is 06.15.00 ...

any sugestions?

thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

In Ultrasn0w from Cydia to unlock.