Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I'm SO confused...

Default I'm SO confused...
    So, I recently got a new iPod Touch that's running 4.3.3. I've been searching around on how to jailbreak it and I pinned it down to either JailbreakMe or RedSn0w. I heard those are the easiest to use, but If I wanted to do it easily I'd just use JailbreakMe but I don't want to. I lost my old iPod Touch which ran 3.1.2 and I used blackra1n for it, which was super easy.

What's the difference between JailbreakMe and redsn0w? I know you just go to the JailbreakMe website on your iPod touch, but does it come with everything that redsn0w has? I want Cydia, winterboard, etc.

If I was to use redsn0w, where do I find it? I've searched everywhere, but I can't find a legit source because I don't trust the 3rd party websites.

Jeeze... I feel like an old timer, blackra1n was extremely easy to use....

It doesn't matter what jailbreak you use. If I were you I would just use jailbreak me. Redsn0w also works but you have to download the Ipsw file too. Both jailbreaks do one thing. Install cydia. But if you want boot logos use redsn0w. If your like me and could careless about boot logos then use jailbreakme. You get winterboard from cydia. Which you get from both jailbreaks.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jhuff26 For This Useful Post:

sub_xerox (2011-09-05)

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If I were you I'd use Redsn0w

It's stable and yes it does require more work than jailbreakme, but I've seen a handful of people complain about some bugs with safari and some other things. The common factor being they jailbroke with jailbreakme. HOWEVER, there are also people who don't experience issues with it.

Personal preference, I always use redsn0w when available. Or pwnagetool. Depends on my mood

5. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

sub_xerox (2011-09-05)

Thanks to both of you guys! I ended up using JailbreakMe.com, and it installed Cydia... but it somehow feels like it was too fast I don't know lol, anyways, thanks again.