Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone will not connect to tiny umbrella - cannot retrieve shsh

Uninstalled all Apple programs on laptop, deleted all the Apple files I could find, did a fresh install of itunes 10.4. Used snowbreeze, got same 1611 error.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Create a custom firmware of 4.3.3 from snowbreeze 2.7.3, choose expert mode and tick activate iPhone if you don't have official sim to activate.
    Run TU, make sure hosts file is set to cydia under adv tab is ticked.
    Start TSS Server
    Use the snowbreeze tools to put iPhone into pwned dfu mode.
    Run iTunes : shift + restore to CfW of 4.3.3 already on your Desktop.
    Thanks for your reply, I followed your instruction, tinyumbrella still show "device is not connected" and TSS server connected first, and then saying "device in DFU mode ...disconnected..." when I did the restore using Itune, and Itune got 1601 error again finally. My phone seems stuck at DFU mode. Here is the story, I downgraded this phone (iphone 3GS, baseband 06.15.00, firmware 4.3.5, old bootrom) from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 using snowbreeze 2.7.3, jealbreak and ultrasnow unlock it, it works perfect right after I did it, then I left it there, it automatically went to sleep, when I picked it up, I press the sleep/wake up button, it couldn't wake up. I tried to use redsnow to boot tethered, it got stuck at "wait for reboot"! I tried to restore to customer firmware 4.3.3 (the one I sucessfully used for downgrade), it gave me 1601 error. what is that problem? I feel hopeless now...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Use Redsnow 0.9.6 rc 18 , browse to stock 4.3.3 , choose last option set iPhone into pwned dfu only , then restore to CfW 4.3.3. See if this way if it works

Used redsn0w 0.9.3rc18 - browsed to stock 4.3.3 FW, put in DFU mode only. Itunes shift-click restore, chose custom 4.3.3 FM created with snowbreeze.

Still getting 1611 error.

Thanks for all the help

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Can you downgrade itunes to 10.1 or 10.2 and try again or if you have a different computer .

This is weird as I have the old bootrom on both my 3gs and i use SB 2.7.3 and restore to it, successful every time
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-09-05 at 07:15 PM.

Took the phone to a guy that advertises locally. He thinks there is something internally broken. The phone will not stay on long enough to restore.

When I am connected to itunes, and trying to restore, it will blink once or twice to a white screen, then start displaying the Apple icon. He says it should stay powered on.

Anytime the phone is connected, it does this, it displays the Apple icon for a few seconds, goes blank for a few seconds, displays the Apple icon for a few seconds, and just repeats that loop. When not connected either to the PC or to a wall charger, it does nothing at all.

Does this make sense? Does it sound like there is something internally broken?

After attempting to restore in itunes, is will display the recovery screen. That is all it has ever displayed, either looping through the Apple icon, or the recovery screen after using itunes.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Hardware problems show up in different ways. No power is typically a faulty dock connector.

I have tried 2 separate connectors.

I think I can hunt up another one to try.

Does my description of what my phone is displaying make sense?

Thanks for the reply.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Having tried two different dock connectors ... the problem is likely elsewhere.
    I've changed a few components and played around inside, but not a hardware expert.
    Any other advise would be a guess.

OK--maybe is was the power connection, or possibly my "skin" cover that was messing with the power button. I trimmed a bit of the cover off from around the power button, and used a 3rd connector to a wall charger.

Now, the phone will power on showing the recovery screen and finally the slider to turn the phone on! However, now it only show emergency calls.

It also sometimes falls back to the Apple icon, like it has lost power. I will let it charge a little more with with the new connector and the wall outlet.

So, this looks like progress, it is the first time it has come on in any mode, but of course I can do nothing but emergency calls.

So do I need to jailbreak and unlock it from this point? What can I do now to move forward?

Any guidance is very much appreciated, I hope I may finally be getting to where I can restore this.

I want to sincerely thank you for all the help here!

I left out one important piece of information: I took my phone this morning to a local guy to see what he could do. He told me he could not get it to restore, that it would not stay powered on (he pointed me to the possible issue with the cover and the power button). Now he said he was unable to do anything with it, and I have no reason to doubt him. I hope he did not try to do a factory restore. Don't know if that would put my in the emergency screen.
    Last edited by mgh; 2011-09-05 at 09:35 PM. Reason: addition information

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgh View Post
    ....It also sometimes falls back to the Apple icon, like it has lost power. I will let it charge a little more with with the new connector and the wall outlet....
    Let it charge and see what changes. Need to fix this issue before anything can be done in the future.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12