Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restoring 4.3.5 backup to a new 4.3.3 jail broken phone?

Default Restoring 4.3.5 backup to a new 4.3.3 jail broken phone?
    I had a jail broken iPhone 4 which was running 4.2.1 but I had SHSH blobs for 4.3.3, 4.3.5, etc. My home button wasn't working well so I took it to an Apple store. They wouldn't fix it until I unjailbroke it. I backed everything up to my MacBook iTunes and still have SHSH blobs.

So I went back in today and they gave me a new iPhone 4 with 4.3.3 on it. I jailbroke it using jailbreakme.com but I only have blobs now for 4.3.5, which means I can't ever go back to 4.3.3 if I upgrade to 4.3.5 (which I don't want to do).

My question is this - can I restore my backup from my old iPhone 4 4.3.5 backup and KEEP 4.3.3 on my new phone? Or will a restore force me to upgrade my new phone to 4.3.5?

If there is any risk I will just reinstall apps, contacts, etc manually but I would like to simplify if possible.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You have to setup as new iPhone and you cannot restore from a 4.3.5 backup onto 4.3.3 firmware. You can sync contacts , music ,photos and apps with iTunes again from the backup you last synced with iTunes .